VSP Signal 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

methusaleh

I am new to scanning in VT, but in the agencies where I have worked previously, a "signal" followed by a number indicated a radio action, whereas a "code" followed by a number indicated a personnel or equipment action.

For instance..."code 10" might mean for the officer to return to the station, whereas "signal 10" was a request for a 5-count radio check.

Two completely different meanings to the same number, depending on what word preceded the number.

There was a third proword used as well, for unusual situations, that had only four different numerical possibilities after it.

So "signal 3000" would mean to do something with the radio, and "code 3000" would mean for the officer to do something.

I have never worked patrol in VT though, so I do not know how they do things.

amcare38

Many years ago Vermont had assigned numbers to types of offenses, for example "3000" was fatal motor vehicle accidents, and under that base code were more specific verification codes (3001 might have been a fatal motor vehicle accident with another motor vehicle). You may still hear "signal" & "code" used but they don't have a specific meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.