460.3500 in Central VT. - PD/Sheriff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

I've had frequency 460.3500 programmed into my scanner for a year now and it wasn't until a couple of months ago I decided to put the tone on SEARCH for that frequency because I wasn't hearing anything on PL 118.8- this is what is in the RR database.

Once that frequency was on SEARCH, I started getting hits on DCS411 clear as a bell for 460.3500. I've heard some identification of places/streets for around this area so I'm pretty sure it is either the Capitol PD or the Wash. County Sheriff Dept - (WCSD)

Since I've heard them giving dispatch their location when they've made a traffic stop, some times it's out of the capitol city area which leads me to believe it's the WCSD.

Has anyone else been hearing activity on this tone -DCS411 for the 460.3500 frequency?

JoeyC

While I am certainly out of your area to confirm your request, I can say that many agencies changed from PL tones to DCS codes when they narrowbanded their equipment (at least out here) and changes to the RR database can take forever if no one is updating it or submitting the changes. Sounds like you found an update that you could submit when confirmed!

Blackink

Did they also change the Ch-3 and Ch-4 Repeaters ?

Washington County VT Sheriff Department - Scan New England Wiki

I can't vouch for either one of those 2 frequencies because I've never heard anything on those tones since programming them into my scanner over a year ago.

Guess it's time to activate the SEARCH tone on those two frequencies and see if I get any hits on those!

The RR database has 460.0250 PL 118.8 listed as VSP Mutual Aid
The RR database has 460.4500 PL 118.8 listed as Sheriff Statewide

Like I said, I've had both of those programmed in my scanner for over a year and haven't heard anything on them ever.

jimlawrence

You probably won't hear much on either freq. using those PL's Steve. The sheriffs using 460.450 that I can hear (Caledonia and Chittenden) are using different PLs/DCSs now. The other county that was using 460.450, Rutland, may still use 118.8. I haven't logged Rutland Co. sheriff in ages, however. 460.025 is being used by VSP's Royalton barracks for dispatch. (St. Albans barracks uses that freq. too, don't they?) That doesn't mean you won't hear anything on 460.025 using that PL but in my 15+ years of monitoring in Vermont, I've never heard anything on that freq. except VSP dispatch. Ditto for 465.025.

vwnut13

Does anyone have a semi up to date list of all the Sheriff frequencies and tones?

I can get Caledonia County (don't know the tone off hand). Essex County uses VSP St. Johnsbury. The top half of the county may use VSP Derby, but I'm not sure.

ecps92

Vermont info has only been found/reported by a few die-hard Vermonters and
some tourists :) I would suggest checking the link below and share some updates

Vermont Portal - Scan New England Wiki

Does anyone have a semi up to date list of all the Sheriff frequencies and tones?

I can get Caledonia County (don't know the tone off hand). Essex County uses VSP St. Johnsbury. The top half of the county may use VSP Derby, but I'm not sure.

Blackink

I know that once I programmed in DCS411 for the tone on 460.3500, I've heard quite a bit of activity.
I'm pretty sure it's the Washington County Sheriff.
The RR database has the tone listed as PL118.8 for that frequency and I never heard anything on it for over a year.

It looks like the Scan New England Web page was recently updated for that tone also.

That's all I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.