DART Helicopter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

DHART Helicopter.....

Heard the DHART helicopter on frequency 155.3400 / PL 186.2 here in Central Vermont on Friday afternoon.

They picked up a female that had serious leg injuries from an automobile accident in Plainfield/East Montpelier.

This is the second time I've heard the DHART helicopter on this frequency when they were needed in my area.

EDIT..spelling correction.

Last edited:

ecps92

Likely this is the Freq/PL for the Local ER, where the AMB was talking to DHART for the LZ?? Northern New England, seems to use different PL's per Hospital on VHF, where Southern New England will generally patch thru CMED See if you can determine which Helo

Here are most of the New England Helo channels.
Medical Helicopters - Scan New England Wiki

VT had implemented one of the VTAC's as the Official LZ, but guess if the Hosp is Pre-Designated they use the HOSP Freq. 159.4725 (formerly VTAC 4, now VTAC 14)
http://vermontcommunications.vermont.gov/sites/vcomm/files/VCOMMInteroperabilityGuide.pdf

Heard the DHART helicopter on frequency 155.3400 / PL 186.2 here in Central Vermont on Friday afternoon.

They picked up a female that had serious leg injuries from an automobile accident in Plainfield/East Montpelier.

This is the second time I've heard the DHART helicopter on this frequency when they were needed in my area.

EDIT..spelling correction.

Blackink

Likely this is the Freq/PL for the Local ER, where the AMB was talking to DHART for the LZ?? Northern New England, seems to use different PL's per Hospital on VHF, where Southern New England will generally patch thru CMED See if you can determine which Helo

VT had implemented one of the VTAC's as the Official LZ, but guess if the Hosp is Pre-Designated they use the HOSP Freq. 159.4725 (formerly VTAC 4, now VTAC 14)
http://vermontcommunications.vermont.gov/sites/vcomm/files/VCOMMInteroperabilityGuide.pdf

The PL tone for the local hospital, CVH (Central Vermont Hospital) is "no tone" on frequency 155.3400. The PL tone for the local ambulance(s) servicing CVH is PL tone 97.4 on that same frequency.

I know when I was listening to the EMS getting toned out, once one of them was on scene and saw the patient, they asked if Dhart was available to transport.

I was busy with other things at the time so I didn't sit right next to my scanner to listen in on what was happening but when I finally got back to it, I heard squelch break on that 155.3400 PL 186.2 with either the medic, or the pilot(?) from the helo explaining their situation regarding the patients status.
The one thing that distinctively stuck out during his transmission was what sounded to me like the whining of a motor coming over the scanner. It was quite noticeable.

I'm almost certain it was the Dhart helicopter that I heard talking about having a patient on board with a severe compound leg fracture with other injuries.
Now maybe the Dhart helicopter was talking to Dartmouth Hitchcock hospital when I heard that transmission, I don't know that as I don't know what Dartmouth's hospital frequencies are.

Does VT have a MedChopper or is it Dhart

Whenever there was a need for a quick transport of an injured patient from any kind of accident in and around my area, the EMS has always asked for a Dhart transport. I've never heard anyone ask for a MedChopper. I've never heard of "MedChopper" until this thread from your post MaineRadioMan.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
The PL tone for the local hospital, CVH (Central Vermont Hospital) is "no tone" on frequency 155.3400. The PL tone for the local ambulance(s) servicing CVH is PL tone 97.4 on that same frequency.

I know when I was listening to the EMS getting toned out, once one of them was on scene and saw the patient, they asked if Dhart was available to transport.

I was busy with other things at the time so I didn't sit right next to my scanner to listen in on what was happening but when I finally got back to it, I heard squelch break on that 155.3400 PL 186.2 with either the medic, or the pilot(?) from the helo explaining their situation regarding the patients status.
The one thing that distinctively stuck out during his transmission was what sounded to me like the whining of a motor coming over the scanner. It was quite noticeable.

I'm almost certain it was the Dhart helicopter that I heard talking about having a patient on board with a severe compound leg fracture with other injuries.
Now maybe the Dhart helicopter was talking to Dartmouth Hitchcock hospital when I heard that transmission, I don't know that as I don't know what Dartmouth's hospital frequencies are.

Whenever there was a need for a quick transport of an injured patient from any kind of accident in and around my area, the EMS has always asked for a Dhart transport. I've never heard anyone ask for a MedChopper. I've never heard of "MedChopper" until this thread from your post MaineRadioMan.

Icall Lifeflight a Med Chopper Dhart a Med Chopper. Thats just what I call it personally

ecps92

LifeFlight, LifeStar, MedFlight, DHART and Lifenet is what you will hear on the Radio

One and awhile, if the Weather is Bad or it's a Maritime Rescue you will hear "CG Rescue ####"

Generally Fire/EMS will ask for "Insert Local Brand", if they are not avail the Local Helo Disp will check-around for availability and ETA. It's a cooperative venture here in New England, where calls can, do and will be shared based on location and call volume.

You never (as a Scannist) know who will be closer, however each Helo Disp does.
You will hear the other birds check-in when in the operating area of the other company

Not all of the traffic is on-scene trauma calls, there are regular/routine hospital transfers

jimlawrence

[snip]

I show this frequency/PL combination as being used by the Emergency Department at Dartmouth Medical Center.

In addition, you may want to plug in 159.4725 MHz CTCSS 156.7. This is used by DHART to coordinate with landing zone personnel.

Happy listening!

ecps92

Thanks Jim, I knew it had to be a Amb-Hosp notification channel :)

I show this frequency/PL combination as being used by the Emergency Department at Dartmouth Medical Center.

In addition, you may want to plug in 159.4725 MHz CTCSS 156.7. This is used by DHART to coordinate with landing zone personnel.

Happy listening!

Tower7Troll

155.340 is used almost nearly state wide for ambulance reports while inbound to the medical center(s).

In the area where Black Ink is used, 155.340 is solely used for giving report while transporting the patient. There's no paging or dispatching on that frequency.

VTAC-4 (159.4725 156.7hz) is the assigned frequency for coordination with DHART (or any other medical helicopter in VT) - but quite often they coordinate with agencies on their dispatch channel or a local tactical channel. The use of VTAC4, at least locally, hasn't totally caught on 100%. Thankfully the helicopters have pretty frequency agile radios...

methusaleh

For what it's worth, I have also logged DART talking to a base station on 155.325, CTCSS 141.3, on 03/25/2014. Caught using a handheld stock antenna in Williston. The only user in the area on that frequency that I know of is Milton EMS, whose repeater is D606 and whose simplex is a different CTCSS tone....so I am not sure who the helo was talking to. Could have been in NY, but there are so many possible hits in the FCCGMR for that freq that I could not narrow it down for sure.

ecps92

155.3250 141.3 is the Helo talking back to DHART Dispatch

For what it's worth, I have also logged DART talking to a base station on 155.325, CTCSS 141.3, on 03/25/2014. Caught using a handheld stock antenna in Williston. The only user in the area on that frequency that I know of is Milton EMS, whose repeater is D606 and whose simplex is a different CTCSS tone....so I am not sure who the helo was talking to. Could have been in NY, but there are so many possible hits in the FCCGMR for that freq that I could not narrow it down for sure.

D

DaveNF2G

Just an FYI - DHART can also use LifeComm channels when within their sphere of influence. I've heard them talking to LifeComm (dispatchers for LifeNet among others) while in the vicinity of Albany (NY) Medical Center.

ecps92

Yes, it is SOP for the Regions Helo's to check-in with the Service Provider of the Area, since many of them are Non Profit, they are not fighting each other for calls.

Just an FYI - DHART can also use LifeComm channels when within their sphere of influence. I've heard them talking to LifeComm (dispatchers for LifeNet among others) while in the vicinity of Albany (NY) Medical Center.

amcare38

155.3400 (186.2) is the frequency/PL tone for Central Vermont Medical Center. I'd guess DHART was picking the patient up at the hospital & was talking directly to the ER. The LZ is at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.