RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Vermont Radio Discussion Forum

Vermont Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Vermont.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2014, 6:54 PM
Blackink's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 559
Default DHART Helicopter.....

Heard the DHART helicopter on frequency 155.3400 / PL 186.2 here in Central Vermont on Friday afternoon.

They picked up a female that had serious leg injuries from an automobile accident in Plainfield/East Montpelier.

This is the second time I've heard the DHART helicopter on this frequency when they were needed in my area.

EDIT..spelling correction.
__________________
Steve in Vermont
Uniden BC125AT
Uniden BCT15X - FreeSCAN - ST-2 Antenna by Antennacraft

Last edited by Blackink; 07-27-2014 at 7:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 5:37 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

Likely this is the Freq/PL for the Local ER, where the AMB was talking to DHART for the LZ?? Northern New England, seems to use different PL's per Hospital on VHF, where Southern New England will generally patch thru CMED See if you can determine which Helo

Here are most of the New England Helo channels.
Medical Helicopters - Scan New England Wiki

VT had implemented one of the VTAC's as the Official LZ, but guess if the Hosp is Pre-Designated they use the HOSP Freq. 159.4725 (formerly VTAC 4, now VTAC 14)
http://vermontcommunications.vermont...ilityGuide.pdf


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
Heard the DHART helicopter on frequency 155.3400 / PL 186.2 here in Central Vermont on Friday afternoon.

They picked up a female that had serious leg injuries from an automobile accident in Plainfield/East Montpelier.

This is the second time I've heard the DHART helicopter on this frequency when they were needed in my area.

EDIT..spelling correction.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:15 AM
Blackink's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 559
Default

Before I respond Bill, what does LZ mean?

Thanks
__________________
Steve in Vermont
Uniden BC125AT
Uniden BCT15X - FreeSCAN - ST-2 Antenna by Antennacraft
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:20 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: bham, Bama
Posts: 2,028
Smile

Loading Zone
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:34 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

Landing Zone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
Before I respond Bill, what does LZ mean?

Thanks
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Paris Maine
Posts: 367
Default

Does VT have a MedChopper or is it Dhart
__________________
Jason Thompson
Scanner's 1- Uniden BC125, 2 BCD996XT, 1 Pro197, 1- BCT15x and a 1-Sportscat 200
Antenna's 1 - ST2 Starcraft ANT and 1 Discone on a tower 100ft in the Air
Twitter- @JasonThompson_1
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 5:38 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

Yes and Yes

DHART is based in NH, but yes it does cover VT, NH, ME and MA



Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRadioMan View Post
Does VT have a MedChopper or is it Dhart
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 6:13 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Paris Maine
Posts: 367
Default

TY Bill
__________________
Jason Thompson
Scanner's 1- Uniden BC125, 2 BCD996XT, 1 Pro197, 1- BCT15x and a 1-Sportscat 200
Antenna's 1 - ST2 Starcraft ANT and 1 Discone on a tower 100ft in the Air
Twitter- @JasonThompson_1
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 7:48 PM
Blackink's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Likely this is the Freq/PL for the Local ER, where the AMB was talking to DHART for the LZ?? Northern New England, seems to use different PL's per Hospital on VHF, where Southern New England will generally patch thru CMED See if you can determine which Helo


Here are most of the New England Helo channels.
Medical Helicopters - Scan New England Wiki

VT had implemented one of the VTAC's as the Official LZ, but guess if the Hosp is Pre-Designated they use the HOSP Freq. 159.4725 (formerly VTAC 4, now VTAC 14)
http://vermontcommunications.vermont...ilityGuide.pdf
The PL tone for the local hospital, CVH (Central Vermont Hospital) is "no tone" on frequency 155.3400. The PL tone for the local ambulance(s) servicing CVH is PL tone 97.4 on that same frequency.

I know when I was listening to the EMS getting toned out, once one of them was on scene and saw the patient, they asked if Dhart was available to transport.

I was busy with other things at the time so I didn't sit right next to my scanner to listen in on what was happening but when I finally got back to it, I heard squelch break on that 155.3400 PL 186.2 with either the medic, or the pilot(?) from the helo explaining their situation regarding the patients status.
The one thing that distinctively stuck out during his transmission was what sounded to me like the whining of a motor coming over the scanner. It was quite noticeable.

I'm almost certain it was the Dhart helicopter that I heard talking about having a patient on board with a severe compound leg fracture with other injuries.
Now maybe the Dhart helicopter was talking to Dartmouth Hitchcock hospital when I heard that transmission, I don't know that as I don't know what Dartmouth's hospital frequencies are.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRadioMan View Post
Does VT have a MedChopper or is it Dhart
Whenever there was a need for a quick transport of an injured patient from any kind of accident in and around my area, the EMS has always asked for a Dhart transport. I've never heard anyone ask for a MedChopper. I've never heard of "MedChopper" until this thread from your post MaineRadioMan.
__________________
Steve in Vermont
Uniden BC125AT
Uniden BCT15X - FreeSCAN - ST-2 Antenna by Antennacraft
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2014, 8:39 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Paris Maine
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
The PL tone for the local hospital, CVH (Central Vermont Hospital) is "no tone" on frequency 155.3400. The PL tone for the local ambulance(s) servicing CVH is PL tone 97.4 on that same frequency.

I know when I was listening to the EMS getting toned out, once one of them was on scene and saw the patient, they asked if Dhart was available to transport.

I was busy with other things at the time so I didn't sit right next to my scanner to listen in on what was happening but when I finally got back to it, I heard squelch break on that 155.3400 PL 186.2 with either the medic, or the pilot(?) from the helo explaining their situation regarding the patients status.
The one thing that distinctively stuck out during his transmission was what sounded to me like the whining of a motor coming over the scanner. It was quite noticeable.

I'm almost certain it was the Dhart helicopter that I heard talking about having a patient on board with a severe compound leg fracture with other injuries.
Now maybe the Dhart helicopter was talking to Dartmouth Hitchcock hospital when I heard that transmission, I don't know that as I don't know what Dartmouth's hospital frequencies are.




Whenever there was a need for a quick transport of an injured patient from any kind of accident in and around my area, the EMS has always asked for a Dhart transport. I've never heard anyone ask for a MedChopper. I've never heard of "MedChopper" until this thread from your post MaineRadioMan.

Icall Lifeflight a Med Chopper Dhart a Med Chopper. Thats just what I call it personally
__________________
Jason Thompson
Scanner's 1- Uniden BC125, 2 BCD996XT, 1 Pro197, 1- BCT15x and a 1-Sportscat 200
Antenna's 1 - ST2 Starcraft ANT and 1 Discone on a tower 100ft in the Air
Twitter- @JasonThompson_1
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2014, 5:22 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

LifeFlight, LifeStar, MedFlight, DHART and Lifenet is what you will hear on the Radio

One and awhile, if the Weather is Bad or it's a Maritime Rescue you will hear "CG Rescue ####"

Generally Fire/EMS will ask for "Insert Local Brand", if they are not avail the Local Helo Disp will check-around for availability and ETA. It's a cooperative venture here in New England, where calls can, do and will be shared based on location and call volume.

You never (as a Scannist) know who will be closer, however each Helo Disp does.
You will hear the other birds check-in when in the operating area of the other company

Not all of the traffic is on-scene trauma calls, there are regular/routine hospital transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
Whenever there was a need for a quick transport of an injured patient from any kind of accident in and around my area, the EMS has always asked for a Dhart transport. I've never heard anyone ask for a MedChopper. I've never heard of "MedChopper" until this thread from your post MaineRadioMan.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2014, 9:58 AM
jimlawrence's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
Heard the DHART helicopter on frequency 155.3400 / PL 186.2 here in Central Vermont on Friday afternoon.
[snip]
I show this frequency/PL combination as being used by the Emergency Department at Dartmouth Medical Center.

In addition, you may want to plug in 159.4725 MHz CTCSS 156.7. This is used by DHART to coordinate with landing zone personnel.

Happy listening!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2014, 11:42 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

Thanks Jim, I knew it had to be a Amb-Hosp notification channel



Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlawrence View Post
I show this frequency/PL combination as being used by the Emergency Department at Dartmouth Medical Center.

In addition, you may want to plug in 159.4725 MHz CTCSS 156.7. This is used by DHART to coordinate with landing zone personnel.

Happy listening!
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: VT
Posts: 25
Default

155.340 is used almost nearly state wide for ambulance reports while inbound to the medical center(s).


In the area where Black Ink is used, 155.340 is solely used for giving report while transporting the patient. There's no paging or dispatching on that frequency.

VTAC-4 (159.4725 156.7hz) is the assigned frequency for coordination with DHART (or any other medical helicopter in VT) - but quite often they coordinate with agencies on their dispatch channel or a local tactical channel. The use of VTAC4, at least locally, hasn't totally caught on 100%. Thankfully the helicopters have pretty frequency agile radios...
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 5:11 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 274
Default

For what it's worth, I have also logged DART talking to a base station on 155.325, CTCSS 141.3, on 03/25/2014. Caught using a handheld stock antenna in Williston. The only user in the area on that frequency that I know of is Milton EMS, whose repeater is D606 and whose simplex is a different CTCSS tone....so I am not sure who the helo was talking to. Could have been in NY, but there are so many possible hits in the FCCGMR for that freq that I could not narrow it down for sure.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 5:32 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

155.3250 141.3 is the Helo talking back to DHART Dispatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusaleh View Post
For what it's worth, I have also logged DART talking to a base station on 155.325, CTCSS 141.3, on 03/25/2014. Caught using a handheld stock antenna in Williston. The only user in the area on that frequency that I know of is Milton EMS, whose repeater is D606 and whose simplex is a different CTCSS tone....so I am not sure who the helo was talking to. Could have been in NY, but there are so many possible hits in the FCCGMR for that freq that I could not narrow it down for sure.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 7:32 PM
Blackink's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
155.3250 141.3 is the Helo talking back to DHART Dispatch
I'll add that to my scanner and see what I hear....Thanks!
__________________
Steve in Vermont
Uniden BC125AT
Uniden BCT15X - FreeSCAN - ST-2 Antenna by Antennacraft
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2014, 5:05 PM
DaveNF2G's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Posts: 6,573
Default

Just an FYI - DHART can also use LifeComm channels when within their sphere of influence. I've heard them talking to LifeComm (dispatchers for LifeNet among others) while in the vicinity of Albany (NY) Medical Center.
__________________
David T. Stark
NF2G WQMY980 KYR7128
"Life would be much easier if certain people realized that I really do know what I'm talking about." -Me
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2014, 5:23 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,915
Default

Yes, it is SOP for the Regions Helo's to check-in with the Service Provider of the Area, since many of them are Non Profit, they are not fighting each other for calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNF2G View Post
Just an FYI - DHART can also use LifeComm channels when within their sphere of influence. I've heard them talking to LifeComm (dispatchers for LifeNet among others) while in the vicinity of Albany (NY) Medical Center.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2014, 4:49 PM
amcare38's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St.Albans,VT
Posts: 24
Default

155.3400 (186.2) is the frequency/PL tone for Central Vermont Medical Center. I'd guess DHART was picking the patient up at the hospital & was talking directly to the ER. The LZ is at the hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Likely this is the Freq/PL for the Local ER, where the AMB was talking to DHART for the LZ?? Northern New England, seems to use different PL's per Hospital on VHF, where Southern New England will generally patch thru CMED See if you can determine which Helo

Here are most of the New England Helo channels.
Medical Helicopters - Scan New England Wiki

VT had implemented one of the VTAC's as the Official LZ, but guess if the Hosp is Pre-Designated they use the HOSP Freq. 159.4725 (formerly VTAC 4, now VTAC 14)
http://vermontcommunications.vermont...ilityGuide.pdf
__________________
RD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions