Heard VSP in the air during this standoff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

methusaleh

Are you sure it wasn't another agency's air asset communicating with VSP? Was there a callsign used that began with a word, followed by a number?

My agency has fixed and rotary wing craft available in the area, and have assisted VSP in the past, however our sister agency tends to be quicker to respond; they use the prefix "Omaha".

Tower7Troll

Are you sure it wasn't another agency's air asset communicating with VSP? Was there a callsign used that began with a word, followed by a number?

My agency has fixed and rotary wing craft available in the area, and have assisted VSP in the past, however our sister agency tends to be quicker to respond; they use the prefix "Omaha".

I did quite a bit of radio/light/siren work for you guys.....

Blackink

Good point. Now that you mention it, I'm not 100% certain it was VSP.

I was assuming it was due to all the VSP on the scene at the time and they were turning down any SWAT team assistance from Essex and somebody else.

I didn't hear the whole conversation and I didn't hear any Omaha-which I have heard in the past.

Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.