Williston VSP problems...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

For the last week to ten days the Williston VSP on frequency 460.2250 PL203.5 has been coming in like crap.

I can hear dispatches further away than Williston coming in clear but Williston's signal strength went from 4 bars to one or no bars-very scratchy and very low audible.

Anyone know if there are antenna problems or what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Blackink

Guess there's not many listeners for the VSP dispatch in Williston in this area or no one else is have any reception problems.

Still poor reception today. As the crow flies, they're only 40 miles from me and I can pick up places like Addison, VT 60 miles away, 4 signal strength bars, and there's a mountain between us!!

I know it's not my scanner or antenna. Poor reception's been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Maybe they changed something on their end.....

methusaleh

I saw your post, and I generally don't monitor VSP as part of the hobby, but at work someone always does. It seems there has been no noticed degradation of signal from the people I spoke to. Then again the signals have always been strong, and we are right smack in the middle of the barracks' coverage area.

Blackink

Well, thanks anyway methusaleh. If you're smack dab in the barrack's coverage area, I guess wouldn't hear much signal loss if there was a problem.

I was getting 4 or 5 bars before, now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 bars.

Guess I'll just wait and see if any changes happen in the future.....

Thanks!

Blackink

Well, the Williston State Police signal is back strong as ever!! Must be the fresh blanket of snow across our State here that helped with the signal?!?

Not sure what happened over the last couple of months but I can hear them is if they were as close as Montpelier PD, 4-5 bars signal strength.

All is well now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.