Central Dispatch Frequency allocation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Can anybody give me a breakdown on what frequencies are used to dispatch out of their facility in St. Albans.

This is what i'm hearing...all are using "Central" as a dispatch call sign.

154.190 - Alburgh Rescue / Isle La Motte Fire
155.820 - St. Albans City Fire
154.265 - Swanton Fire

Is there one control frequency for all or does each department use their own frequency to get toned out on?

Thanks for any information.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
The short answer - no. There isn't an actual 'dispatch' frequency used by St. Albans Central.

The closest would be the 155.820 channel, in which several departments are dispatched on:
St. Albans City
St. Albans Town
Fairfield
East Fairfield
Georgia
Bakersfield
Sheldon
Fairfax (unless they moved off)

As each department was added to the dispatch, they kept their own frequency.

155.940 Swanton
154.415 Highgate (and Franklin?)
153.815 Enosburgh
153.980 Montgomery
155.745 Richford

Or at least that's the way it used to be when I worked there, but that was a while ago...

When Grand Isle County was added, most of the paging was via a commercial digital paging service with voice traffic on 800 Mhz. However, it sounds like the 800 is going away, and that 154.190 (currently Alburgh and Isle La Motte) may become the county channel. Again, I think it's still a work in progress.

We once considered obtaining a countywide VHF channel for paging, but a lot of the agencies were against it. They didn't want to listen to other departments get dispatched to calls; they only wanted to hear their own department's calls. Plus, the licensing was almost impossible due to coordination with Canada.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.