SWVT Unidentified Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Over the last few days I've been doing some frequency searches in my area (Latham, N.Y.) looking for some new frequencies. I stumbled across a couple of channels that I am unable to identify. From what I heard, I believe they are law enforcement channels being used in the Southwestern Vermont area.

460.175 - DCS 073 - Repeater
I heard quite a bit on this channel but was unable to exactly pinpoint who or where. It was a Police Department talking about two vehicles with NY plates that were spilling leaves out of their trucks while driving down a road. Units who ID'ed as 933 and 1452 stated they were out with the trucks by the Center Rutland Training Facility. A license search shows the State of Vermont has a repeater on Grandpa's Knob in Rutland, and The Town of Castleton has a repeater as well. I don't know which departments use unit numbers 933 or 1452.

460.450 - CTCSS 103.5 - Repeater
This was a very strong signal in Latham. Unfortunately it was a very brief transmission. A mobile unit (missed the ID) said he was 10-8 from Town Hall. I wasn't sure if this was Bennington County Sheriff's Department, who I have logged on 460.200 CTCSS 97.4, or another agency.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

ecps92

Vermont State Police - Scan New England Wiki
460.1750 D073 - Grandpas Knob

Windham County VT Sheriff Department - Scan New England Wiki
460.4500 103.5 -

Hello all,

Over the last few days I've been doing some frequency searches in my area (Latham, N.Y.) looking for some new frequencies. I stumbled across a couple of channels that I am unable to identify. From what I heard, I believe they are law enforcement channels being used in the Southwestern Vermont area.

460.175 - DCS 073 - Repeater
I heard quite a bit on this channel but was unable to exactly pinpoint who or where. It was a Police Department talking about two vehicles with NY plates that were spilling leaves out of their trucks while driving down a road. Units who ID'ed as 933 and 1452 stated they were out with the trucks by the Center Rutland Training Facility. A license search shows the State of Vermont has a repeater on Grandpa's Knob in Rutland, and The Town of Castleton has a repeater as well. I don't know which departments use unit numbers 933 or 1452.

460.450 - CTCSS 103.5 - Repeater
This was a very strong signal in Latham. Unfortunately it was a very brief transmission. A mobile unit (missed the ID) said he was 10-8 from Town Hall. I wasn't sure if this was Bennington County Sheriff's Department, who I have logged on 460.200 CTCSS 97.4, or another agency.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

mfdbenji

Premium Subscriber
VSP Rutland on Killington and VSP Grandpas Knob are currently linked, potentially due to the dispatch center consolidation that is occurring. I have found locally that the same transmissions come over the Killington tower as the Grandpas Knob tower

Status
Not open for further replies.