Porter Hospital - 158.970?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
I work in Guilderland, NY which is located just west of Albany, NY. We occasionally receive ambulance to hospital reports to Porter Medical Center in Middlebury on our repeater. The transmission comes over our repeater, so I assume that it's coming in on the input, which is 158.970. We never receive the hospital side of the conversation, so it would seem that maybe some service is using another repeater to communicate on one of Porter's licensed frequencies. Does anyone know anything further about who this might be?

ecps92

Likely

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WNMJ745

I work in Guilderland, NY which is located just west of Albany, NY. We occasionally receive ambulance to hospital reports to Porter Medical Center in Middlebury on our repeater. The transmission comes over our repeater, so I assume that it's coming in on the input, which is 158.970. We never receive the hospital side of the conversation, so it would seem that maybe some service is using another repeater to communicate on one of Porter's licensed frequencies. Does anyone know anything further about who this might be?

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I believe the repeater output is 155.340, which is HEAR 1 for most (if not all) of Vermont's ambulance to hospital traffic. Although most hospitals use it in simplex mode, Porter decided to put up a repeater to extend the range of the mobile radios. I hear it at night sometimes getting into the 155.145 Guilderland repeater.

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
I believe the repeater output is 155.340, which is HEAR 1 for most (if not all) of Vermont's ambulance to hospital traffic. Although most hospitals use it in simplex mode, Porter decided to put up a repeater to extend the range of the mobile radios. I hear it at night sometimes getting into the 155.145 Guilderland repeater.

Yep, that's the problem I was talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.