RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Vermont Radio Discussion Forum

Vermont Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Vermont.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 10:58 PM

Default Williston PD on CCSO repeaters

The past couple weeks, it seems that WPD's day-to-day operations are now taking place on the sheriff's repeaters, 460;450R, DCS114 (south) and DCS205 (north). Analog in the clear.

453.850R, CTCSS 118.8, seems to get almost no use except the occasional car-to-car. 453.850, as a frequency in general, mainly seems to be used in P25 mode ($764, encrypted) lately.

I do know one person on WPD, but I am not going to bother him with what he will think of as silly radio questions, however if my agency trains with them, I will no doubt run into a gentleman who will be much more helpful.

Anyone know what the formalities of this are?
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2017, 6:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusaleh View Post
The past couple weeks, it seems that WPD's day-to-day operations are now taking place on the sheriff's repeaters, 460;450R, DCS114 (south) and DCS205 (north). Analog in the clear.

453.850R, CTCSS 118.8, seems to get almost no use except the occasional car-to-car. 453.850, as a frequency in general, mainly seems to be used in P25 mode ($764, encrypted) lately.

I do know one person on WPD, but I am not going to bother him with what he will think of as silly radio questions, however if my agency trains with them, I will no doubt run into a gentleman who will be much more helpful.

Anyone know what the formalities of this are?
I have noticed the same thing with regard to their primary channel, which is not being used much anymore. I haven't heard them on VSP in the evenings/overnights as I used to either. I do not however listen to the CCSO channel anymore. Last I knew CCSO was making the swap to go to encrypted once they finishing upgrading all of their radios. So...it would not surprise me if Williston PD is doing the same. Of course, I cannot tell you what WPD is doing for sure.