• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HX400 Standard Horizon - Programming Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeyham

Is anyone using the Standard Horizon HX400 Marine/LMR Radio, and if so can you give me any feedback on your experience with it?

Also, can you tell me if the CE68 Programming Software will program this radio? I have seen it advertised as programming the HX370, but no mention of whether or not it works for the HX400. If not, is there another programming software which is available to do this?

Thanks for any help.

trixwagen

CE68 will not work with the HX400--CE129 is required. I have no idea how to get CE129 other than through Standard Horizon.

stantech

Premium Subscriber
Standard Horizon HX400 programming

Is anyone using the Standard Horizon HX400 Marine/LMR Radio, and if so can you give me any feedback on your experience with it?

Also, can you tell me if the CE68 Programming Software will program this radio? I have seen it advertised as programming the HX370, but no mention of whether or not it works for the HX400. If not, is there another programming software which is available to do this?

Thanks for any help.

I have a Standard HX400 that I currently have programming issues with that hopefully will be resolved. CE68 will not work. CE129 is the correct version. The same cable for the HX370 will work with the HX400. This is a site for free download of CE129 software CE129 Version 1.0.0

Let me know how this works out for you as I have some simple driver/com port issues that are being a big PITA to resolve. Stan

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Serial numbers matter

Standard Horizon Tech Support says the radios serial number dictates what software to use. Apparently they are lot specific to the software model number AND version. Crazy man. So older radios take different software than newer radios? Personally I am struggling with a HX380, serial number C6452102. They say I need CE138V2. Anybody have it?

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Got it!

I got it thanks! My HX380 is all set to go. Be aware the radio firmware and programming software need to match up. More on that in other HX380 / HX400 posts / threads in the Vertex Standard Forum. Thanks to all for your help! ScannerHam62

pjas

I am looking for the CE138 and YCE13 software for the HX400, is no longer available on Yaesu's website.
Thanks

raefordbrown

Just got a new (not sure when it was made) HX400IS.
Not sure which software I need for programming 2 meter freqs...the Standard tech I reached told me I needed specific software for units with serial numbers beginning with 7 or 8. Mine starts with 7.
The older software is available on EBay. Not sure what I need for this unit. The tech suggested I discuss my needs with a "smaller" Standard dealer, but I'm having trouble finding one that programs the units. I actually just want the software...no doubt that I will want to change and update freqs as I travel around. HELP. WA4HMR (and, I have a First Phone commercial ticket...well, it's now a "general" class, but still prefer calling it a "First Class" ticket).

Status
Not open for further replies.