RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > Vertex Standard

Vertex Standard Discussions regarding Vertex Standard professional and public safety radio equipment.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2014, 9:51 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Question vertex vx-160u

What program do I need for the VX-160U?
Don't care about the narrow banding.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 6:32 AM
wa2chj's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC Metro
Posts: 112
Post

Vertex CE44 for VX160/180 Series.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2chj View Post
Vertex CE44 for VX160/180 Series.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Default

what windows program do I need to run the ce44 on?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip3r82 View Post
what windows program do I need to run the ce44 on?
never mind. went to my old desktop that has xp. program working now.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 6:40 AM
wa2chj's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC Metro
Posts: 112
Post

Just FYI, CE44 runs on everything I've ever tried it on. XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. If you use a computer without a serial port and use a USB adapter, sometimes the drivers can be an issue as can finding the right COM port, but it will work with just about anything.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 7:08 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2chj View Post
Just FYI, CE44 runs on everything I've ever tried it on. XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. If you use a computer without a serial port and use a USB adapter, sometimes the drivers can be an issue as can finding the right COM port, but it will work with just about anything.
Thanks, I will reinstall the program on my laptop with Win.8. since all my other vertex programs are on it as well.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 4:39 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Exclamation lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip3r82 View Post
Thanks, I will reinstall the program on my laptop with Win.8. since all my other vertex programs are on it as well.
for some reason I cannot get this program to work at all. I install it and then cannot find the icon to click to open the program at all. Tried installing compat. mode for Windows XP, Vista, and 8. still nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 6:52 AM
wa2chj's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC Metro
Posts: 112
Post

It's not like most other programs. It doesn't put an icon on your desk top automatically. You have to go into the folder - usually in Programs - and right click on the Application file that shows the little Vertex HT icon. Then select "send to" and send it to your desk top. The icon will then appear on your desk top and you should be all set. Alternatively, you can just double click on the application icon and start the program from the Programs folder. Either way I'll bet the program installed properly, it just doesn't put the icon on the desk top, but that's the way it is.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 8:36 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Default still no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2chj View Post
It's not like most other programs. It doesn't put an icon on your desk top automatically. You have to go into the folder - usually in Programs - and right click on the Application file that shows the little Vertex HT icon. Then select "send to" and send it to your desk top. The icon will then appear on your desk top and you should be all set. Alternatively, you can just double click on the application icon and start the program from the Programs folder. Either way I'll bet the program installed properly, it just doesn't put the icon on the desk top, but that's the way it is.
Picture of the file ce44 after I open it.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 6:35 AM
wa2chj's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC Metro
Posts: 112
Post

That's where it puts the data files, and where it will put any radio plugs you program. The actual program itself is in a folder under "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", I think. I'm at work right now, so I can't look and see where it puts them. IIRC, it creates a file folder called "Vertex" or "CE86" and puts the program in there. I'll check when I get home tonight. Since it created the data files and folder, the rest probably is there as well. I have the programs here at work, but have them installed on a USB drive, so it's a non-standard installation.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 2:00 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Default Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2chj View Post
That's where it puts the data files, and where it will put any radio plugs you program. The actual program itself is in a folder under "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", I think. I'm at work right now, so I can't look and see where it puts them. IIRC, it creates a file folder called "Vertex" or "CE86" and puts the program in there. I'll check when I get home tonight. Since it created the data files and folder, the rest probably is there as well. I have the programs here at work, but have them installed on a USB drive, so it's a non-standard installation.
I looked around on my system, and took a pic of both program file locations so you can see what I see.
Only place I even see anything with vertex is under windows with the file name "vertex standard." all 3 window shots are posted here.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 6:04 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 753
Default

push your windows key then click on programs skroll down to vertex or vertex standard and you will find the progrom.
click on it and it will open just fine.

Nice and easy. very simple
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 6:33 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Thumbs down lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech View Post
push your windows key then click on programs skroll down to vertex or vertex standard and you will find the progrom.
click on it and it will open just fine.

Nice and easy. very simple
thanks but that's no help at all. lol only "vertex" or "vertex standard" file in my whole computer system is in the C: were is shows the files program and program x86. and under that area of Apps I am only showing my 2 vx programs one for the 2200 mobile and the vx350 program. no ce44.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2014, 6:06 AM
wa2chj's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC Metro
Posts: 112
Post

OK. I never made it home in time last night to look on that computer. I'll get to it over the weekend. When you installed CE44, did you get any errors...or did it got to the "Finish" screen?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2014, 5:53 AM
wa2chj's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC Metro
Posts: 112
Post

OK, finally got a chance to look at my home computer, The path to the .exe file is as follows:

Computer
OS C:
Vertex Standard
CE44 for Windows
ce44win.exe

If that's not there, I'd uninstall the CE44 program and try reinstalling it. If it still doesn't work, maybe there is something wrong with the installation disk, if that's what you're using. Try installing it from the Vertex Standard site. You can download a .zip file of CE44. An account is free as is downloading any of the programming software.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2014, 3:49 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lloyd KY
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2chj View Post
OK, finally got a chance to look at my home computer, The path to the .exe file is as follows:

Computer
OS C:
Vertex Standard
CE44 for Windows
ce44win.exe

If that's not there, I'd uninstall the CE44 program and try reinstalling it. If it still doesn't work, maybe there is something wrong with the installation disk, if that's what you're using. Try installing it from the Vertex Standard site. You can download a .zip file of CE44. An account is free as is downloading any of the programming software.
I am downloading software from vertex Website, no disk. but will try again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions