• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CE 52 ver 4.85

Status
Not open for further replies.

clrudolph

I have several vx2500x mobile i need to program for our Search and Rescue Team.

Does anyone have the CE52 ver 4.85 software they'd be willing to donate a download to our SAR team??

Thanks.

Chris

prcguy

If you search the Internet there are several places to download it for free. I also have a request for a version of CE52 that will program amateur freqs, all the ones I've downloaded will not go into the ham bands on a VHF and UHF VX-3200 series. I've tried V1.25 and V4.85.
prcguy

prcguy

Thanks very much for hosting a download and I grabbed a copy. I haven't read a radio with it yet but tried entering a UHF frequency in the 440MHz range and it keeps defaulting to 450.00000. Will this version allow programming in the 2m and 440MHz range? If so what is the secret?
Thannks again,
prcguy

You should be able to request access to the software downloads for free by visiting the following site:

https://businessonline.vertexstandard.com

But I figured I'll help you out. Below is a link to download the firmware and software. They are the only ones listed for the VX-2500/3200 NON-LTR.

I will disable the link in 24 hours.

Link - http://1drv.ms/1o3A5A9

Kf4mnc

I have no idea. There was only one version of software available for that radio, LTR excluded.

In my experience there are typically two versions available:
Non-USA - Wideband
USA - Narrowband

That radio only had the one listed so I don't know.

I'd give Vertex Standard tech support a call. The have always been very helpful.
1-800-283-7839

prcguy

A little more searching and I found a version of CE-52 that allows programing amateur freqs. See: CE52E v.3.00b programming software - Then change the download file extension to zip and run the install program.
prcguy

I have no idea. There was only one version of software available for that radio, LTR excluded.

In my experience there are typically two versions available:
Non-USA - Wideband
USA - Narrowband

That radio only had the one listed so I don't know.

I'd give Vertex Standard tech support a call. The have always been very helpful.
1-800-283-7839

Status
Not open for further replies.