• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX4000L -10m / 29MHz programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

g8tzl2004

Just wondered if anybody has successfully programmed a low band Vertex VX4000L on 10m / 29MHz FM.

I've search the internet and several people are using VHF and UHF VX4000's but there is no mention of hams using the VX4000L 29.7 - 37 MHz radio on 10m.

g8tzl2004

Anybody successfully programmed a VX4000 to work across the 10m band. Mine works great above around 29.660MHz but sensitivity drops off a cliff below 29.660 :(

radiotweester

I had a similar annoyance trying to find info on taking the VX4000L out of band
I tried this with Software version 3.xxx and I wasn't able to locate the values

Using CE49 Ver 5.17 and HxD hex editor
Load the CE49.exe file in to HxD
then Search->
Replace->
Search for-> (first Hex value) Replace with the second hex value

01C52FA0 = 29.7MHz replace with 01C22260 = 29.5MHz
VHF LB A

02FAF080 = 50MHz replace with 0337F980 = 54MHz
VHF LB B

1AD27480 = 450MHz replace with 1A39DE00 = 440MHz
UHF D

Hit [Replace All]
Save and close HxD and open the CE49

I'm assuming with the problem g8tzl2004 is having on 10m, the VCO will need adjusting.

g8tzl2004

Thanks for the feeback.

Have you successfully programmed your VX4000L onto 10m so that it has good sensitivity across 29 MHz?

Have you checked your sensitivity below 29.660 MHz?

I eventually worked out how to adjust the band limits (I was forgetting to add a "zero" to the start of the hex string...you need 8 digits and if the hex converter only displays 7 you need to add a 0 to the start!!!).

But my VX4000L sensitivity "drops off a cliff" below around 29.660 MHz BUT the radio is still RXing all the way down to 27MHz but its very very deaf - so I don't think the VCO is out of lock. A weak repeater is heard OK on 29.660 MHz but a strong repeater on 29.640 is not heard at all...but the VX4000L is still RXing on 29.640 Mhz..but maybe 30dB down.

I was thinking that the problem was a band pass filter alignment issue where the values were all wrong below 29.660 Mhz due to the out of band programming....BUT maybe its because I used 27 MHz as the band limit rather than 29.5 MHz which is what you are suggesting. Maybe using 27 MHz was too much out of band and has upset all the BPF values??

Is your VX4000L receiving OK on 29.5 MHz - does it have good sensitivity or is it deaf?

Have you tried it on 29.4 MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.