• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-264 2-Tone Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4ooz

I am trying to set up 2 tone decode and encode on some newly bought VX-264 for the fire dept I am on. We were using VX-354 radios and I the programming from one of those radios that I pulled from the unit. The software for the VX-264 seems to have a different method for setting up the 2 tone system and I can not get it figured out.

I have never liked the way the old radios handled the 2 tone paging. When you set the 354 to the page channel it simply beeps and displays called on the screen. I would like for the 264 to actually open the squelch and thus let the audio from dispatch be heard.

I have searched the forum and have found this topic a couple places but I can not find any information on the actual set up process, just where people offer to look at the program files and fix the issue which is great. Just makes it hard to find the information.

Any help would be great, Thanks

ohiohonda

In the CE150 software for the VX-264 under the Signaling tab at the top of the page you will go the 2-tone settings tab. In this tab you would enter the specific tones that you will be using for your FD. You will enter in the tone on the right side of the screen. After entering the tones you will need to navigate to the Signaling tab at the top again, select 2-tone settings, then the 2-tone system tab. I will just explain the 2-tone decode (pager) section, if you need help with the encoding please let me know. You will be setting the lower right box within this window (2 tone Decode). You will enter your 1st and 2nd tone here. If you are using a single group tone (long tone) just enter the 1st tone only. In the third input box (AF MUTE) you would set this for open to allow the radio to past the dispatch audio after receiving a page. The alert section is to set how you want the alert tones to function ( how long , how many times , and what it sounds like). The last thing that needs to be set is which channel within the radio is this going to be used for. You will set this within the channel parameters under the signaling type tab. You would set this for 2t and which ever decode number within your decode table that you entered in your FD tones. If you are setting a pager only channel just enter the receive section within the channel information. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

kg4ooz

Thank you for the information, I believe I got things set up now. I will find out later on today when my dispatch does the daily test.

Status
Not open for further replies.