RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Video Clips

Video Clips So what's hot or not on the 'tube? Never gonna give you up, never gonna....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 5:19 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Do you hate Facebook?

10 Reasons Why We Hate Facebook: 10 Reasons Why We Hate Facebook - YouTube
Old 08-09-2014, 1:58 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Yeah facebook sucks. Cant be social. It doesnt let you add friends because somehow the site thinks it knows whether or not you know someone irl. And keep whining you cant be skcial and only add people irl. You try to add friends u kno irl and u get your account locked for it. They keep giving security checks that dont even have anything to do with security at all. I meam seriously selecting a bunvh of impossibky random pictures to know who posted what?

Social network that doesnt let you be social or even use it for that matter. They also censor statuses now and charge you a dollar to message someone not on your friends list.

I just dropped that miserable fad and went back to using ham repeaters.
Old 08-09-2014, 8:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Nope, I don't hate Facebook because I don't use Facebook !!!
Old 08-09-2014, 8:12 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
+1 for me too. I dont use Facebook either.
Let the RR Wiki and Google be your friend .
Old 08-09-2014, 8:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I was on Facebook for about five months some years ago, only because my young cousin told me it was the best way to keep informed about his rock band. It was such a creepy experience for me that I finally just closed the account. Not long after that my cousins band created their own website with their schedule on it, anyway.
I was, during those few months, hearing from people that I had not seen since high school & college ( it was thirty years before) and I felt, and still feel that I am already in touch with those people from then that I still want to be in touch with, and the others I just have nothing to say to. I especially don't want to know the minutiae of everyone's life, such as what you had for lunch today, etc!!
Facebook just isn't for me. I spend too much time online right here in Radio Reference!!
Old 08-09-2014, 9:50 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackink View Post
Ha ha, me too! Re-acquainting myself with people I couldn't stand in high school and knowing when someone is in the Mickey D's drive-thru just doesn't appeal to me for some reason ...
Old 08-10-2014, 4:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I use it to keep up with some family members, old friends and pages I have interest in. I have not had any problems adding anyone nor any security issues as described above. Difficult at times, yes, but what on this ole internet isn't. LOL. Bottom line - if you hate it don't use it! Enough said.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:24 AM

Im sick of hearing about this intrusive site,I will tell ya that!!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 7:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimru View Post
I was on Facebook for about five months some years ago, only because my young cousin told me it was the best way to keep informed about his rock band. It was such a creepy experience for me that I finally just closed the account. Not long after that my cousins band created their own website with their schedule on it, anyway.
I was, during those few months, hearing from people that I had not seen since high school & college ( it was thirty years before) and I felt, and still feel that I am already in touch with those people from then that I still want to be in touch with, and the others I just have nothing to say to. I especially don't want to know the minutiae of everyone's life, such as what you had for lunch today, etc!!
Facebook just isn't for me. I spend too much time online right here in Radio Reference!!
+1. I let a relative talk me into it a few years back, again as a quick, easy way to keep in touch. And that part kinda-sorta worked okay, but then the people I hadn't seen since school daze started coming out of the woodwork and acting like we were actually friends back then and so forth. And I noticed something: Once I accepted their friend requests, most of them no longer had the time of day for me...pretty much the way they treated me when we were still actually in school. I decided it was all about who had the most friends on their list (still acting like they were in Jr. High School -- some had thousands), told my relative about this wonderful thing called e-mail, made sure she had both of my phone #'s, and deleted my account. I'm in contact with the real friends and while some are on FB, there's no need for it to keep in contact with people you actually care enough about to make the effort. Good riddance to a total waste of time.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2014, 8:01 AM

Default Facebook, one way or another

You may use facebook by creating a page about a particular topic which allows to share your hobby. As far as I'm concerned, that's what I do. I've given up using it to "meet" people, most of them is only fake without any real interest !
Old 08-22-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im sick of hearing about this intrusive site,I will tell ya that!!!!!

lol, then you need to unplug..... sorry. everything you do on the net or for name sake..... ANYTHING YOU DO WITH DIGITAL ELECTRONIC FORM OF COMMUNICATION, even here at Radio Reference has a form of traceability, sorry but that is the internet for you. don't like it? remove the RJ-45 from your PC NIC and live with nature. get off the grid, do not use credit cards, cash only! get rid of any Insurance plans, shred your SSN card. delete all email accounts and "DE-sensitize" to the digital world.

Facebook cannot do some of the things with a BROWSER on your phone that the apps FORCE you to accept. accepting those permission GIVES them the legal right to do anything the permissions dictate.

those new permissions, do not apply for Facebook in a browser. so the key fight, don't use the app, yes it is simplistic and provides "Ease of Access" but look at what your giving away for that. so take back!! delete the app and messenger, remove the account from the phone and USE YOUR BROWSER!! Facebook cannot tell you what you can and cannot do on a public based browser. so stick the fight to them. don't use their "Intrusive" apps. when they realize they FUBAR'ed themselves they will change their ways.

Whats a Profile?!?!

HELP ME!! I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT THOSE ARE!!!

Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapStar362
lol, then you need to unplug..... sorry. everything you do on the net or for name sake..... ANYTHING YOU DO WITH DIGITAL ELECTRONIC FORM OF COMMUNICATION, even here at Radio Reference has a form of traceability, sorry but that is the internet for you. .
Yes but nothing has my REAL INFO like the sheep as facebook so willingly give out!!

Who cares if "DUDE111" is known...... WHO IS DUDE111??
Old 08-24-2014, 1:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Exclamation

Friends don't let friends use Facebook!
Old 08-25-2014, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes but nothing has my REAL INFO like the sheep as facebook so willingly give out!!

Who cares if "DUDE111" is known...... WHO IS DUDE111??
so ..... could this be you?

Dude111 - DSLRPedia

or this?

AVS Forum - View Profile: Dude111

point in showing you here, once you figure out the sites........ all it takes is one weak site to break your info. FB has the options to sheild your info as well.

Whats a Profile?!?!

HELP ME!! I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT THOSE ARE!!!

Semper Fi my Marine Corps Brothers!

OOOOORAH!!
Old 08-25-2014, 9:18 PM

I kinda got away from Facebook and here's why:

It seems like when you have a facebook account, others who know you have a fb account think that fb is the only way to tell you about things.
Especially people who have it streaming to their phone. They think everyone else has every post immediately streaming to their phone.
And they think that, like them, everyone else is stopping what they are doing to see what the latest chirp from their phone is all about.

I have missed 3 funerals for people I really care for because the only news of their passing was someone just like I described above completely forgetting how to make a phone call, thinking everyone looks at their facebook account every 5 minutes, just like they do.

A few of us actually broke off a friendship because after telling someone at least 4 or 5 times, "please call us when something is going on, we don't look at fb every day", he posted about a group of retirees getting together, and never called around.
Sponsored links