RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Virginia Radio Discussion Forum > Virginia Incidents and Breaking News

Virginia Incidents and Breaking News Discussions regarding Virginia Incidents and Breaking News. Discuss these topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 6:28 PM

FCPD in pursuit of a minivan on Riverbend Rd. On channel 3/5.

1929- Bailout at Strawfield Lane, one caught, one still running. K9 and helo enroute

By the sound of it the suspects had been under surveillance scoping out the area.

2003- Requesting from an animal control or fire/rescue unit with a thermal imaging device.

2009- 2nd suspect in custody

Last edited by freqhopping; 11-08-2011 at 7:09 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2011, 5:48 PM

Leesburg PD in pursuit of a blue minivan with DC tags in the area of the outlet mall. Of course they're in TDMA mode. LCSO is passing this along on the Dulles channel with a request for assistance.

1850- Someone is in custody now.

Last edited by freqhopping; 11-13-2011 at 5:53 PM..
Old 11-27-2011, 3:08 PM

Default Beaverdam Reservoir drowning search

A little before 3pm rescue got a call for an overturned boat and people in the water. At 2:57pm the caller reported seeing one go under and not surface. There was a 49 year old man, 7 year old son and a dog. Reportedly the people cannot swim and apparently no PFDs. Someone was able to rescue the boy and dog.

There are three rescue boats in the water, the sheriff's dive team boat on scene and the Fairfax Co helicopter in the air.

Ops on 6L and 6M.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by freqhopping View Post
A little before 3pm rescue got a call for an overturned boat and people in the water. At 2:57pm the caller reported seeing one go under and not surface. There was a 49 year old man, 7 year old son and a dog. Reportedly the people cannot swim and apparently no PFDs. Someone was able to rescue the boy and dog.

There are three rescue boats in the water, the sheriff's dive team boat on scene and the Fairfax Co helicopter in the air.

Ops on 6L and 6M.
11/27/11 1450 hrs. 42500 block Mount Hope Rd. Ashburn Assist Fire Rescue/Water Rescue/Recovery: Loudoun County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the area of the Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to assist Loudoun Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management with a water rescue. An adult male and child were reportedly in a canoe that capsized. A child was assisted to the shore by nearby witnesses. He was taken to a local hospital as a precaution. The adult male was not located. A search of the reservoir was conducted throughout the evening by members of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Recovery Unit with aerial support from the Fairfax County Police Department helicopter. Units remain on the scene on November 28, 2011. C2011-018967

Last edited by mike_s104; 11-28-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 11-29-2011, 7:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s104 View Post
11/27/11 1450 hrs. 42500 block Mount Hope Rd. Ashburn Assist Fire Rescue/Water Rescue/Recovery: Loudoun County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the area of the Beaverdam Creek Reservoir to assist Loudoun Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management with a water rescue. An adult male and child were reportedly in a canoe that capsized. A child was assisted to the shore by nearby witnesses. He was taken to a local hospital as a precaution. The adult male was not located. A search of the reservoir was conducted throughout the evening by members of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Recovery Unit with aerial support from the Fairfax County Police Department helicopter. Units remain on the scene on November 28, 2011. C2011-018967
11/27/11
1450 hrs.
42500 block
Mount Hope Rd.
Ashburn
Assist Fire Rescue/Water Rescue/Recovery: The body of a missing boater was recovered just before noon on Monday, November 28, 2011, in the Beaverdam Creek Reservoir. The victim, Anthony M. DiGiovanna, 49, of Ashburn, was canoeing with his 7-year-old son and a dog Sunday afternoon when around 2:30 p.m. their boat capsized. Loudoun County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the 42500 block of Mount Hope Road in Ashburn, Virginia to assist Loudoun Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management with a water rescue. The 7-year-old, who was wearing a life jacket, was assisted to the shore by nearby witnesses. He was taken to a local hospital as a precaution and was released on Monday. The adult male was not immediately located. A search of the reservoir was conducted throughout the evening into Monday morning by members of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Search and Recovery Team with aerial and ground search support from the Fairfax County Police Department. The victim was not wearing a life jacket at the time the boat capsized.
C2011-018967
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2011, 2:39 PM

Looks like there has been an officer involved shooting in Spotsy somewhere in Area 5. Turned on the scanner in the middle of it. I'm monitoring VSP Cul 1. Traffic is being diverted onto US 1 and I think I heard a mention of highway 119 southbound.

Sounds like an officer was shot in the leg and a suspect shot in the head. I can't pick up those STARS towers that great here but it looks like more units are on scene now and rescue is on the way.

I caught the unit number of the trooper who was shot but I think it's better that I don't post it.

Last edited by HankFrank; 12-08-2011 at 2:49 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 7:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankFrank View Post
Looks like there has been an officer involved shooting in Spotsy somewhere in Area 5. Turned on the scanner in the middle of it. I'm monitoring VSP Cul 1. Traffic is being diverted onto US 1 and I think I heard a mention of highway 119 southbound.

Sounds like an officer was shot in the leg and a suspect shot in the head. I can't pick up those STARS towers that great here but it looks like more units are on scene now and rescue is on the way.

I caught the unit number of the trooper who was shot but I think it's better that I don't post it.
Any updates on this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2011, 5:15 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Here is what the Fredericksburg paper has on the state police shooting incident as of this morning: State trooper, suspect shot on I-95 - Caroline Crossroads
Old 12-12-2011, 2:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Very bad accident on Rt 50 near Fleetwood Rd, west of Rt 659. At least 2 flown out. Concrete pipe on vehicle. Heavy crane en route. Rt 50 shut down for both directions.

Last edited by mike_s104; 12-12-2011 at 2:50 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2011, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Very bad accident on Rt 50 near Fleetwood Rd, west of Rt 659. At least 2 flown out. Concrete pipe on vehicle. Heavy crane en route. Rt 50 shut down for both directions.

Concrete truck actually. I heard the med report from the helo to Fairfax hospital for driver of the truck. The cab came off the truck and went into some woods. ~50 year old male driver, open wrist fracture and possibly some internal injuries.

Extended extraction for the other victim, long enough that the other helo on scene has shutdown its engine.
Old 12-12-2011, 2:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Concrete truck actually. I heard the med report from the helo to Fairfax hospital for driver of the truck. The cab came off the truck and went into some woods. ~50 year old male driver, open wrist fracture and possibly some internal injuries.

Extended extraction for the other victim, long enough that the other helo on scene has shutdown its engine.
Thanks. I didn't hear it dispatched. I did hear the firefighter/EMS get mad at the dispatcher. I heard "concrete pipe" and figured that's what was on the car.

Old 12-12-2011, 8:06 PM

LCSO pursuing a car eastbound on Rt7 in Leesburg, Now going though town on W Market St.
The car stopped at W. Loudoun/ S. King. One in custody.

The car was a Kia Optima.

Last edited by freqhopping; 12-12-2011 at 8:21 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 6:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

12/12/11
1441 hrs.
John Mosby Hwy./Fleetwood Rd.
Aldie
Auto Crash: Loudoun Sheriff’s Deputies respond to the area of Route 50 approximately ½ mile west of Fleetwood Road, a location where the highway transitions from a four-lane divided highway, to a two-lane undivided highway. The investigation has revealed that Noel Antonio Baires, 51, was operating a 2006 Mack 4-axle cement mixer westbound on Route 50. Witness reports indicated that the concrete truck ran off the right side of the road and it appeared that the driver overcorrected. The truck overturned onto the driver’s side and continued to strike a tree. The cab, containing Baires, separated from the chassis. The mixer drum, full with 10 yards of concrete, also separated from the chassis, rolling west on Route 50, ending up in a nearby woods. The chassis continued into the eastbound lanes and struck an eastbound 2006 Volvo Station Wagon which was driven by Steven Edward Benford, 44, of Washington, DC. Both Baires and Benford were airlifted to INOVA Fairfax Hospital where they were listed in critical, but stable condition, as of December 12, 2011. Route 50 was closed for several hours for the incident. The crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.
C2011-019893

Friends that live in the area report that the mixer section is still in the woods.
Old 12-13-2011, 6:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
LCSO pursuing a car eastbound on Rt7 in Leesburg, Now going though town on W Market St.
The car stopped at W. Loudoun/ S. King. One in custody.

The car was a Kia Optima.
12/12/11
2102 hrs.
Route 7 /Berlin Tpke.
Purcellville
Traffic Stop/Pursuit: A Sheriff’s Deputy initiated a traffic stop on a driver traveling well in excess of posted speed limit. The deputy initiated their emergency equipment and the driver continued to drive without stopping. During the traffic stop the driver turned off the vehicle’s lights and increased their speed. The driver pulled over in the area of Loudoun and King Street, inside the Leesburg town limits. He was charged with speeding, disregarding a signal to stop, refusal of blood or breath test, and DUI (2nd Offense). He was being held on a $10,000 bond.
C2011-019913
Old 12-13-2011, 8:01 PM

I'd expect Willow Spring towing to eventually post some pictures on their website of the concrete truck wreck. In the news helo footage I could see the Willow Spring heavy duty rigs on scene.

Recoveries
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2011, 9:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I'd expect Willow Spring towing to eventually post some pictures on their website of the concrete truck wreck. In the news helo footage I could see the Willow Spring heavy duty rigs on scene.

Recoveries
My wife and I watched the video last night; we were surprised anyone survived.

Old 12-16-2011, 6:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Leesburg/Loudoun Co. Manhunt

~ 0630

Black male wearing brown shirt with stripes and a jacket, has a diamond piercing in his lip and is reported to be bipolar. Ran from Cornwall ER and assaulted staff. He was involved in a domestic in MD (I think Frederick Co. MD) and took a car without permission (not stolen). He was in the ER due to an accident. Sheriff's office was en route to charge him with DUI and to take custody. He has a connection to a woman in Manassas so he might be trying to get there. MD has at least three felony charges for him and Loudoun County has others pending. Loudoun contacted Fairfax to have FFX3 assist but was unavailable. Helo en route from US Park Police in DC. Perimeter has been established with Leesburg PD and Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.

Mobile command bus is being setup I think right outside Leesburg on north King St./RT15 north.

0735 from Loudoun Alerts:

Police activity in downtown area involving Leesburg Police and Loudoun County SO. We are looking for an Elliot Lansdown black male last seen wearing a brown striped polo shirt and jeans. Subject has a ring in his lip. He is wanted on assault charges after leaving Cornwall ER. We are advising residents to keep their doors locked at this time and contact 911 with any possible sightings. Subject is unarmed and intoxicated.

0753 - I believe the accident he was involved in was in Lucketts on RT15. I believe it involved another vehicle.

0755 - Park Police helo over head.

0755 - Subject is in custody. County has his at gunpoint @ Edward's Ferry & Rt15. Holding perimeter until they are sure it's him.

0756 - Park Police helo sent back in service.

0802 - All units released. Subject being transported back to ER by Sheriff's deputy.

0812 - More info (little too late)

Loudoun County, VA: Personnel with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office and the Leesburg Police Department are currently searching for a subject who fled from the Emergency Room at the Cornwall Campus of INOVA Loudoun Hospital (Leesburg).

The subject, Elliot D. Lansdown, is a black male and was last seen wearing a brown striped polo shirt and jeans. The subject is further described as having a piercing in his lip. The subject is wanted on charges out of Maryland. The subject is unarmed.

The subject was involved in a crash on Route 15 around 5:48 a.m. Friday, December 16, 2011, and is believed to be intoxicated. After the crash he was taken to the emergency room where he became combative with staff and fled the hospital.

Residents who live in this area are advised to stay in their homes and lock their doors until the subject has been located. If you see anything suspicious or a subject matching this description, please call 911 immediately.

Sent to E-mail accounts, Pagers, Cell phones through Alert Loudoun
... powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network

Last edited by mike_s104; 12-16-2011 at 7:14 AM..
Old 12-16-2011, 1:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
~ 0630

Black male wearing brown shirt with stripes and a jacket, has a diamond piercing in his lip and is reported to be bipolar. Ran from Cornwall ER and assaulted staff. He was involved in a domestic in MD (I think Frederick Co. MD) and took a car without permission (not stolen). He was in the ER due to an accident. Sheriff's office was en route to charge him with DUI and to take custody. He has a connection to a woman in Manassas so he might be trying to get there. MD has at least three felony charges for him and Loudoun County has others pending. Loudoun contacted Fairfax to have FFX3 assist but was unavailable. Helo en route from US Park Police in DC. Perimeter has been established with Leesburg PD and Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.

Mobile command bus is being setup I think right outside Leesburg on north King St./RT15 north.

0735 from Loudoun Alerts:

Police activity in downtown area involving Leesburg Police and Loudoun County SO. We are looking for an Elliot Lansdown black male last seen wearing a brown striped polo shirt and jeans. Subject has a ring in his lip. He is wanted on assault charges after leaving Cornwall ER. We are advising residents to keep their doors locked at this time and contact 911 with any possible sightings. Subject is unarmed and intoxicated.

0753 - I believe the accident he was involved in was in Lucketts on RT15. I believe it involved another vehicle.

0755 - Park Police helo over head.

0755 - Subject is in custody. County has his at gunpoint @ Edward's Ferry & Rt15. Holding perimeter until they are sure it's him.

0756 - Park Police helo sent back in service.

0802 - All units released. Subject being transported back to ER by Sheriff's deputy.

0812 - More info (little too late)

Loudoun County, VA: Personnel with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office and the Leesburg Police Department are currently searching for a subject who fled from the Emergency Room at the Cornwall Campus of INOVA Loudoun Hospital (Leesburg).

The subject, Elliot D. Lansdown, is a black male and was last seen wearing a brown striped polo shirt and jeans. The subject is further described as having a piercing in his lip. The subject is wanted on charges out of Maryland. The subject is unarmed.

The subject was involved in a crash on Route 15 around 5:48 a.m. Friday, December 16, 2011, and is believed to be intoxicated. After the crash he was taken to the emergency room where he became combative with staff and fled the hospital.

Residents who live in this area are advised to stay in their homes and lock their doors until the subject has been located. If you see anything suspicious or a subject matching this description, please call 911 immediately.

Sent to E-mail accounts, Pagers, Cell phones through Alert Loudoun
UPDATE:

Suspect Involved in Early Morning Search After Fleeing Hospital Emergency Room Faces Multiple Charges

Loudoun County, VA: A Maryland man who fled from the emergency room at the Cornwall Campus of INOVA Loudoun Hospital after being involved in a single vehicle crash has been charged with two counts of simple assault, driving while intoxicated, felony destruction of property and petit larceny.

Elliott D. Lansdowne, 20, was involved in a single vehicle crash on Route 15 near Montresor Road around 5:48 a.m. Friday, December 16, 2011. Lansdowne was taken to the emergency room where he became combative with staff, assaulted hospital personnel, and damaged and removed hospital property. He fled the hospital on foot around 6:30 a.m.

A perimeter was established and a search of the area was conducted by members of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, the Town of Leesburg Police Department, and the United States Park Police Aviation Unit. Lansdowne was located shortly before 8 a.m. and taken into custody in the area of Route 15 and Edwards Ferry Road.

Lansdowne is also wanted by authorities in Frederick County, Maryland for destruction of property, unauthorized use of a vehicle and eluding.

He is currently held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center without bond.

Sent to E-mail accounts through Alert Loudoun
Old 01-03-2012, 8:55 PM

LCSO is currently searching for a bi-polar teen. Ops on Round Hill Tac 1. The new Fairfax Co helicopter (N211FX) is enroute to help. I'm tracking it with an Airnav Radarbox and will be able to see exactly where it goes.

Fairfax-1 (N211FX) radio ID on the Loudoun system is 3164217
Attached Images

Last edited by freqhopping; 01-03-2012 at 9:05 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 9:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

keep on top of that freqhop......

22:30-Multiple car accidents and vehicles into ditches in Fauquier county near Fort Belvor...roads are iced up pretty good and even ambulance 6-1 got stuck in the middle of a street...road is now blocked until VDOT arrives with road chemicals to melt the ice