PWC System down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

innova

Premium Subscriber
Not able to see PWC at all this morning, online feeds are showing the same thing. Is it normal* for a system to completely go dark like this, would seem like a big event to me.

Thanks.

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
I noticed the same thing on my drive to the office this morning.... very weird. I thought it was my scanner, but, as I got closer to Fauquier, that feed picked up just fine.

innova

Premium Subscriber
Seems to be coming back on line now. When it came back on, there was no announcement for "back online" etc, they seemed to never have missed a beat.

innova

Premium Subscriber
...and down again, obviously some technical issues going on over there, will just have to wait it out.

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
...and down again, obviously some technical issues going on over there, will just have to wait it out.

Yeah, I turned off those scan groups, figured I'd just check on it later, Fauquier has nothing interesting going on either though. :)

innova

Premium Subscriber
Again, I'm terribly new at all this, but I'm picking up P25 chans via Sweeper search, is it possible the control channels have been changed?

PWCBum

Premium Subscriber
Now I have to click that silly rebate button in my ARC500 software.... Such a hassle ;)

Glad we got to the bottom of this :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

innova

Premium Subscriber
Lots of work being done on the FD side of things this a.m. Lots of checks on the RadTch chan. They seem to be wrapping up now. Unsure if it's related to the reband or not, but be on the lookout for any changes.

innova

Premium Subscriber
They just announced that starting tomorrow am at 0730 they'll finish up rebanding the last few channels.

Does anyone know if something was actually changed today? I'm getting a few locks on TGRPs w/ no voice on them, but others are working.

Last edited:

innova

Premium Subscriber
Disregard the "FD side of things" comment, had the RadioTech group lumped in w/ a FD/EMS scanlist. The rest holds though for what it's worth.

freqhopping

Despite programming the custom table my Pro-106 isn't tracking the system very well right now. Probably due to rebanding no being completed yet.

Running the system through UniTrunker it's currently showing 853.625 as the control channel.
853.875, 868.6 and 868.850 as alternate control channels.

There are only six voice channels. 851.9875, 853.3375, 851.450, 851.475, 852.900 and 853.950.

innova

Premium Subscriber
Glad it's not just me. I'm not educated enough in scanning to qualify exactly why, just that it was "wonky" all day, with lots of channels locking with no voice on them, etc. I did hear the radio techs this morning say that "we're done for today, and will finish up the rest of the rebanding tomorrow at 0730". I'm picking up lots of dispatch/officer traffic on 852.850000 as well, but not sure if it's part of this same system. They were referring to roads within the county though.

Status
Not open for further replies.