STARS and 996XT settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm trying to program a 996XT using FreeScan for STARS for a buddy. We don't have any VHF P25 systems where I live, so I'm not sure of the correct system/site types to use. My first thought would be P25 Standard, but since this is a VHF system, I'd thought I'd ask first

TIA...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
mike_s104, I think you are using a non-XT scanner, right? The system/site types don't match up with what I would use for a 996XT - thanks...Mike

kd8x

mike_s104, I think you are using a non-XT scanner, right? The system/site types don't match up with what I would use for a 996XT - thanks...Mike

I have the 996xt and 396xt and my STARS was programmed as a MOT type 2/ P25 setup....it is a moto system...It is not P25 standard....

gonzalu

@mike_s104

Thanks for this file... very nice! Question, you mention that the towers do not all broadcast so I notice a ton of different sites... how do I actually use this file when in Virginia? Just a quick example would be very useful for a dweeb like me who just finally figured out how to turn on the BCD996XT :p

Cheers!

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
@mike_s104

Thanks for this file... very nice! Question, you mention that the towers do not all broadcast so I notice a ton of different sites... how do I actually use this file when in Virginia? Just a quick example would be very useful for a dweeb like me who just finally figured out how to turn on the BCD996XT :p

Cheers!

Sorry it took a while to get back with you. You'll need to use FreeSCAN to load it then to upload it to the scanner using the program cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.