Can't hear Spotsy fire and rescue on primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebowles5

Premium Subscriber
Hi, up until about a month or 2 ago I could hear spotsy fire and rescue on the primary channel. All of a sudden I noticed I wasn't hearing any tones or traffic anymore. I can still hear channel 2 etc along with fire admin. I thought I might have accidentally locked out the channel, but when driving toward the courthouse and Cosner's Corner area, it comes in. Just curious, I live in the Lake Anna area if that makes any difference.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Spotsy Fire EMS

At this moment, dispatch on the 800 system as well as the 156.195 pager channel is working just fine.

They have been having issues with the system from time to time including the whole system going down.

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
The only possible explanation I can think of is that somehow, the tower in your area isn't broadcasting the channel 1 talkgroup and when you move to another area of the county, you pick up the talkgroup from another tower. That would be odd though. I'm not sure it's possible for a tower to essentially "lock out" a specific talkgroup.

How is your recepton of the 156.195 simulcast? That would be the substitute for channel 1 on the 800 mhz system.

ebowles5

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, well I just dug out my OLD scanner and it seems to be picking it up just fine. I've probably done something weird with the other one. The fact that I programmed it and pick anything up is a miracle. It's a pro 528. It's just odd that I can pick it up when I get closer into town from the lake. When I do pick it up then, there is alot of static. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.