Bristol PD new P25 Phase 1 license

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

The Bristol Police Department has been issued a new license (WQWP224) for either analog or P25 Phase 1 operation on two new conventional repeaters. One antenna tower mounted will be located on Scott Street and a second antenna will be mounted on a cell tower off Wallace Pike. Rye Patch Hill near I81 adjacent to Long Crescent Road is not licensed as a site location. Since their current PD frequencies are not included in the new license, after a switchover the city may abandon them and let their current license expire. .

Here is my best unconfirmed guesses as to the frequencies I/O relationships:

154.3250 mhz. Output
151.1000 mhz. Input

159.0975 mhz. Output
153.9875 mhz Input

Here is the FCC link for WQWP224:

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQWP224 - City of Bristol

John
W4UVV

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Antennas are up

Looks like the antennas are up on the Wallace Pike Cell tower as of Monday...

The absence of a bid rfp by the city and the droopy unsecured non-hardline feedline can indicative of each other haha Hope that's temporary, or it will be when mother nature gets ahold of it!!

Attachments

• DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 508

W4UVV

Looks like the antennas are up on the Wallace Pike Cell tower as of Monday...

The absence of a bid rfp by the city and the droopy unsecured non-hardline feedline can indicative of each other haha Hope that's temporary, or it will be when mother nature gets ahold of it!!

-----
Tnx. for the info update. It will be interesting to see what the scanner reception range will be in the area especially when mobile with the area's hills/knobs. Maybe that's why there is a second antenna site closer to the inter city.

Approximately how high on the cell tower is this antenna configuration mounted?

John
W4UVV

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
John, the antennas *were about 90 ft up... It appears they were indeed temporary as to the best of my ability I couldn't see them this evening.

anelson5004

Can anyone confirm if the frequencies above for Bristol are active or when they will be active? if its encrypted? and if its Project 25 phase 1 FDMA or phase 2 TDMA?

thanks
anelson5004

anelson5004

Any updates on when Bristol PD will launch digital, frequencies, if it will be encrypted, etc? Build out was supposed to be completed in October 2016.

thanks
anelson5004

Status
Not open for further replies.