Manassas and Manassas Park Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chryslercorp

I receive Manassas and Manassas Park Police on the APCO 25 just fine. However, I don't receive any of the Manassas and Manassas Park FD, which are on a different system, Project 16. This system has been rebanded. Is anyone out there able to hear these channels? How do you have the scanner set up to receive these? I am using a BCD996P2 scanner and Freescan software.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
The Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park are dispatched by PWC on their countywide system,. Have you listened for them on there?

chryslercorp

The RRDB has Manassas / Manassas Park FD separate from PWC. Should I have all of the Manassas / Manassas Park FD channels programmed in with the Prince William County frequencies, so that it is all one system? Is the RRDB in error in regards to Manassas / Manassas Park FD? The database lists only five frequencies for Manassas FD, whereas PWC has 17 frequencies.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
No, what he's saying is Manassas and Manassas Park are not dispatched like Manassas PD. Prince William County dispatches them, so just put Prince William in and listen to Prince William Fire Dispatch.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
LeSueur hit it on the head. The MPFD and MFD aren't dispatched the same way as the PD's. All you have to do is put in the PWC trunked system and listen for the 501 (Manassas) and 509 (Manassas Park) units on the fire dispatch and fire tac channels, and you'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.