CVRCS: Migration Date from EDACS to P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Overheard at lunchtime today several LEO's who use the CVRCS system discussing a memo specifying that Tuesday July 18th is the transition date for Bedford County from EDACS over to P-25 Trunking.

At this time, it is unknown if Lynchburg City and Amherst County will be moving on the same date.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Update 2017-03-22

It has now been decided that ALL THREE agencies (Amherst County, Bedford County & Lynchburg City) will go live on P-25 Trunking the same exact day:

SUNDAY 2017-07-16

Amherst and Lynchburg had been planning to make the switch on 2017-07-16.

Apparently from info received at lunchtime today from a Bedford employee via telephone, Bedford has decided to move their transition date two days earlier from the original 2017-07-18 to the current; 2017-07-16.

I have not seen any radio programming templates yet.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. But what exactly is the channel required by law to be in all radios but that they'll never ever ever use? They refer to it as being named "E*911" Is in video at 19:46

I've never heard of something like that. I've heard about the required interop stuff but not that.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Cvrcs fleetmap for edacs

Attached is a CVRCS Fleetmap for the EDACS system I have "backwards engineered" over the past decade.

From 2014, this info remains fairly accurate today, with minor corrections. It also shows the Fleet and Sub-Fleet breakdown.

CORRECTION:
Pages 16 & 17 show the odd-ball and regional talkgroups.
TGID-1121 was Virginia ABC's group which has now been repurposed for Liberty University Police Department, but in Analog Voice Mode for LUPD, not ProVoice which VA-ABC used.

It also shows some weird data I encountered like the Bedford County Sheriff PSA's. PSA's 2 & 3 appear with different TGID'S. This is something I was never able to resolve.

==========================

The reason I am posting this full list now is I have been hearing 'noises' from local Tech's who once maintained the system (retired now) who insist that the new P-25 Trunked system will utilize the same exact talkgroup numbers.

Their logic is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Last edited:

Drumbum

I'm monitoring all of them, Lynchburg has been the only one so far with recorded activities on my 436hp in record mode

Drumbum

The only thing that is programmed in this bank is the complete new system separated by repeaters sites. It takes all day to get what you heard,, sounds to me like they are testing on that still in conventional mode, what do you think?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Reason for date of system migration...

A bit more info on the date that all three agencies on CVRCS are migrating from EDACS to P-25 Trunking.

The reason for the specific date was chosen for the shift (2017-07-16), it is the first day of their new fiscal year.

Strictly for budget and accounting reasons it appears.

Alas, it appears that the old adage is true in the public safety world too:

BEAN COUNTERS RULE THE WORLD !!!

Drumbum

Major voice activity today in P25, I recorded some of it will upload to you tube when I get a chance

Drumbum

I also saw DAT on Amherst Fri for the first time, today there was no DAT on Amherst, I have seen it on all 3 systems now

Drumbum

Yea some of it sounds overmodulated,,Later after that they brought it down to where it sounded decent then it got choppy I had all but one bar so it wasnt the reception, guess that's why they are testing it

Status
Not open for further replies.