RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Virginia Radio Discussion Forum

Virginia Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Virginia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 3:51 PM
Default Recommendations for Virginia Beach

I currently own a Whistler TRX-1 and I live in Virginia Beach VA. I am monitoring VB police and fire. I am getting a lot of distorting and missing transmissions. Thinking of getting a Unication G4 or G5 for these systems. Can you guys advise me on which would be better for my purposes? I have watched all the videos but just can't tell which one to buy. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2017, 5:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I too had a terrible time monitoring Va. Beach. At home my solution was a yagi antenna aimed at one site. This was pretty good but not perfect. Going mobile was not good for reception at all.

I pulled the plug and got a G5. This way I was able to monitor Va. Beach and STARS. (not at the same time).

The G5 just works, PERIOD. Remember it is not a scanner and there are limitations. But if you cannot receive anything clearly what good is the scanner for your purpose.
Old 12-08-2017, 9:14 AM

Thanks for the reply bep. So, just to confirm, the G5 will work for Va. Beach and STARS? I am about to order it and just want to make sure before I drop 600.00 bucks.