VDOT TMS in Norfolk

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbritt

Database Admin
2 days ago 47.3 carried both dispatcher and mobile units through the repeater. As of today only the Dispatcher comes over the 47.3 repeater. But they obviously are answering mobile units. Just the mobile units are not coming over the repeater. Did TMS in Norfolk move over to STARS? Can someone listen to Talkgroups 5069 to see please?
Thank you very much.

Richard in Edenton NC

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
It appears as if they have. The past couple weeks they’ve had some units patched to STARS and some not patched. I noticed today all units have their own RID so no more patches. They are on VDOT Ops 5, TG 5039

richardbritt

Database Admin
Thank you very much. Looks like I need to remove my 6 meter radio and replace it with one of my Pro2096 scanners in my car.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Still a few units who are still patched you can tell by the DTMF tone when they transmit, Also new call signs too, no longer units numbers, they use the area they are assigned to work , Highrise1, Greenbriar1 etc

richardbritt

Database Admin
TMS

Today I swapped my 6 meter radio for a Pro2096. Programmed the TMS talkgroup in the scanner along with a bunch of tower sites for STARS including the extended table. The TMS comes in loud and clear. In fact coverage is better than when it was on low band. I went to Wakefield and still heard the talkgroup. I assume it is associated with a wide area of towers. In fact it comes in fine in Gates County when driving.
73 Richard W4MCD

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Guess I will stick the VDOT TGID's into my 396 to hear what is going on with the Michael cleanup. I heard very little on their VHF-LO channels last night and that was with a 30' mast and discone antenna.

I'll post my results later on.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Well from the volume of traffic I am hearing on the Hampton Roads VDOT talkgroups I would say VDOT is now on STARS. There is some traffic on their VHF-LO and I'll turn on my 2096 later (on the discone) to see if they're simulcasting.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Yes the MMBT has its own repeater that the JRB uses. HRBT has its own repeater. All are on 453.85.

There is a schedule for 47.34 which is used for traffic reports and weather conditions but I have not listened to them in years. It was on one of the quarter hourly times each hour example 915, 930 etc when I lived in the area.

Regards

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.