Richmond/Henrico monitoring suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumadine

I've just returned to scanning Henrico County Fire and Police after a 10 year break thanks to a Pro-96 and Win96 software. Amazing how clear this is. While I like Richmond frequencies too, I find it to be just too much going on to listen to at one time. I want to hear major City of Richmond fire incidents though.

Would you recommend putting the City of Richmond control channels in the same bank as the Henrico ones, and including just the Richmond fire dispatch talkgroup in addition to the normal Henrico talkgroups? Currently I have Richmond frequencies in one bank, Henrico in another....

Any local feedback, or other feedback from those who prefer to get the heads up on potential important activity in a neighboring jurisdiction (without having to listen to all of that jurisdiction's other traffic) would be most appreciated. Thanks....

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
All police and fire dispatch freqs are broadcast in all zones. So if you want to set up a Henrico bank, you can still have the Richmond fire dispatch TG added and should hear all the traffic on the Henrico control channel.

I keep all police & fire for the system in one bank (kinda like it comes from RS) and bring the localities in and out of the scan by setting them up in sub-banks. I set mine up by reorganizing the stuff from RS. Here's my bank 7:

Sub-Bank Use
7-0 General stuff and Colonial Heights
7-1 Richmond police dispatch & fire tacs
7-2 Henrico police dispatch & fire tacs
7-3 Chesterfield police dispatch & fire tacs
7-4 Fire/Rescue dispatch TG's for all localities

Police/Fire/Rescue dispatch TG's and fire response tac's are regional and appear on all CC's -- except for Colonial Heights, which is usually limited to Chesterfield's zone. Other police, fire & local gov't TG's are Smartzone and are usually heard only in their home zone.

If you want to hear everything in your localities, you will want to keep them in separate banks where CC's and TG's always match. If you just want to watch dispatch TG's, you can get them with any set of CC's - thus the arrangement I've described above.

You can try my V-file if you want by downloading it from the Yahoo PRO-96 group. It's in the section for p96 files and is called Welcome_Richmond.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

kg4rgn

Premium Subscriber
Richmond and Henrico CO VA

WHat scanner do you have, I have suggestions for the BC396T scanners.....

Status
Not open for further replies.