Henrico Police Unit Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumadine

Can any of you tell me what the different Henrico County Police units are? I'm hearing X-ray and Zebra I think, but can't tell who is Vice, who is traffic control etc.....

Can't find anything in this forum history or anywhere on the internet either.

Thanks in advance....

topcop1833

most are 3 digits. generally, if the first number is a 1, 2, or 3, it relates to what shift they are on. days, evenings, and mids (6a-4p, 3p-1a, 10p-8a, i think). the two numbers after the shift are the service zone where that officer is assigned. there are about 10 zones, the 'o-zone' (far east) to the 90 (far west) zone. each one of the zones is broken down further, which is where the last number comes in. so the lakeside area is the 50 service zone. lets say day shift gets a 1, lakeside area, and zone broken into a few units, you get 153.
when some one is busy on a call, an 'x' is added to the end of the call to let everyone know that that unit is busy on a call. so when 153 is out on a domestic, the unit or dispatch might refer to them as 153x.
zebras are two sworn officers in the same car for a shift, usually when someone is in FTO phase.
victor units are volunteers, usually on the traffic units, kinda like the vsp motorassist guys.
i get fuzzy from there, but if i recall correctly 400s are sergeants, 600s are investigators, 800s have motors and some traffic guys, and that is all i can recall at the moment.

Last edited:

shumadine

Very helpful TopCop! Appreciate your response as it makes a little more sense now....

eweiner

Lt's are also in the 400's now as well. 800 numbers are mainly homeland security teams, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.