Unitrunker 22 and PRO-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejacobson

To whom it may concern:

I'm attempting to setup Unitrunker 22 (first time user) with a PRO-107 and I'm having some issues, specifically not getting the "Site" window to open. The decoding session logs are populating (quite a large file now) but the "Site" window won't open. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

Steve

Current settings (Unitrunker 1,0,0,20):
Type: Inline
Model: PRO107
Role: Signal
Run: Running
Serial Port: COM3
Baud Rate: 115200
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Parity: None
Logging: Enabled
Decode: Motorola (tracking a Type II Smartnet)

CC/Dump: Enabled on the PRO-107
PRO-107: Parked on the control channel (858.73750)

stevejacobson

Please disregard my last! I got it to work. Just started scanning the trunked network and the Site window is now open. Clearly I'm an idiot and I'll stop talking now.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Steve. I have one report from a PRO-107 owner that the program wasn't decoding Motorola or EDACS. Glad it's working for you.

stevejacobson

@ Unitrunker

It's working BEAUTIFULLY and I'm not even running Windows natively (Mac OS 10.6.7 - Win 7 via Parallels). This is a really cool application! Thanks!!

Steve

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
..I'm not even running Windows natively (Mac OS 10.6.7 - Win 7 via Parallels).
Steve,
This is my operating environment also, and I was quite pleased at the ability for the lash-up to handle almost all of my "radio needs".

stevejacobson

I was pretty apprehensive at first (I hate Windows), but I needed some solution to get the PRO-107 programed. Once I had it figured out, Unitrunker is just as easy to use as the Radio Shack software.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I was pretty apprehensive at first (I hate Windows), but I needed some solution to get the PRO-107 programed. Once I had it figured out, Unitrunker is just as easy to use as the Radio Shack software.
Well, I don't use any RS software and don't own a 107, but all my other programming software works just fine in that environment and in fact the only thing that has not worked using Windows 7 under Parallels is one of my USB -> Serial adapters; there does not appear to be a Win7 driver for that specific device but since it is not my only one, that is not a problem.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I can't seem to get Unitrunker to work with my 107. I cannot get the site window to open. I am using the same settings as the OP (except com port of course). Also, using termite to monitor the data, I can see the radio pumping out the data. I'm certain it's set up correctly.

When I select the radio to run in Unitrunker I see the data light on the PC/IF cable start flashing. When I hit stop, the data light stops flashing. I am attempting to monitor a SAFE-T site with a frequency of 868.450. I've setup one site and one talkgroup (16) and have the radio in scan mode.

I've been using my PSR 500 for Unitrunker but thought I would give the 107 a shot at it tonight.

Rick or anyone have any thoughts on what could be the issue?

Last edited:

stevejacobson

@ scannerfreak

After my initial attempt and correcting my mistakes, Unitrunker works every time with my PRO-107. My error was parking the 107 on the CC and not letting the receiver scan through the trunked system. As soon as I let the 107 scan, the Site Window opened up. Let me know if I can help at all and good luck.

Steve Jacobson

Type: Inline
Model: PRO107
Role: Signal
Run: Running
Serial Port: COM3
Baud Rate: 115200
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Parity: None
Logging: Enabled
Decode: Motorola (tracking a Type II Smartnet)

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yeah, I'm in scan mode. It appears Unitrunker is communicating with the radio due to the data light coming on and off when I start and stop the program. For what ever reason the site window will not pop up.

stevejacobson

Mine did the same thing (that's the only way I knew the 107 was communicating with Unitrunker). But as soon as I started scanning the trunked network (Mot Type II) the site window opened up. I wish I could help, but I'm pretty new to this whole thing myself.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Thanks, Steve. Appreciate it. Maybe Rick will have some ideas for me.

Forgot to mention, Unitrunker is also creating log files for the activity when I start.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thanks, Steve. Appreciate it. Maybe Rick will have some ideas for me.

Forgot to mention, Unitrunker is also creating log files for the activity when I start.
Question; what type of system are you attempting to monitor?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
SAFE-T. But I've also tried a standard single site 800 MHz Moto Smartnet and a standard 800 MHz EDACS system. No matter what the site window will not pop up. Switch to my PSR 500/600 with the same settings (except com port of course) and the window pops right up.

I've even tried starting with a fresh Unitrunker and removing the 500/600 from the computer and only having the 107 plugged in. Still no dice..

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The reason I asked was to associate a possible problem with the code it generates. I guess I was trying to see if it is somewhat "broken," kind of like the PSR-800 on P25. I am sure you saw the comments reference that on the other Unitrunker 22 topic. But since you are trying virtually everything the scanner can listen to and the OP has it working on a Moto system, I am at a loss.

As for scanning the system, you can certainly try the trick I alluded to and Rick improved on about holding on an inactive (or even fake) TG you have added. That way the scanner stays scanning but is basically locked on the CCh.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yeah, I'm at a loss too. I've also tried holding on a talkgroup as well. What's got me stumped is as soon as I select run the data lights on the PC/IF cable start to flash. As soon as I select stop, it stops. So I know they are communicating. It makes no sense why I can't get the site window to open.

SCPD

QRT
I don't have an answer here. However the 107 (dont have) and 800 (do have) are supposed to operate the same for Motorola. A preview of release 23 should be ready soon.

Last edited:

Eric61

I know this post is a little stale, but I thought I would share my experience. I had a problem getting the site window to pop up also. I am using a Pro 197 and the USB cable from the PC/IF port. I thought that the radio and computer were communicating since the lights on the cable were flashing. In fact both the red and green lights were flashing. Apparently that's not what you want. Now that it's working correctly (seeing data in unitrunker), only the green light flashes. I think the problem I had was related to a computer issue. I had been using the port on the computer for several different things, and had also been running unitrunker using a discriminator tap to a sound card. After a re-boot, it worked. I know that anytime you have any kind of problem, everyone always says "reboot", but in this case it worked. I also found out that if you are in search mode and come across a data channel, the radio will not pass the data. You have to go into tune mode. Of course if you have the system programmed, you can just scan that system.

I hope you have solved your problem by now, it not maybe some of the above will help.

Eric

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yeaaa, with the 23 release preview, I am up and running with both the 107 and the 800.

Thanks Rick :D

Status
Not open for further replies.