Unitrunker Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
I am new to Unitrunker I downloaded the program on my desktop computer and it works great. However I have download the program on Windows 7 lap top and it having a problem. I can get the program to work how every when I click to download the information for the site from the data base it seems to download the information but never displays the info for the target label.I have re-installed the program but still doing the same thing

SCPD

QRT
it seems to download the information but never displays the info for the target label.
Some possibilities.

1. you don't have an RR subscription (probably not an issue here)
2. the program is choking on the XML sent by the RR web service.
3. the program is waiting on you to reply to a "Pick One" dialog box that is anchored to another window in the background.

Which system?

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
I checked it not the subscription

As far as the system it NC Viper and it a motorola anything I can check

SCPD

QRT
Seems to work here. I got the "Pick One" dialog (it was hidden under another window). I selected the VIPER system (not the mobile one). Took a while to pull down everything.

Go to the program's main window and look at your Systems tab. Sort by Label and scroll down to the V's. You should see five systems - all with the same name. Each system has a different Motorola system ID but the program knows they're linked together. Double-click on one of the systems - preferably the one zoned to the site(s) you monitor.

You should see all the talk groups in the Groups tab of the system window. All five "systems" share the same group and user data.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
Screen Shot Unitruker

I have attached a screen shot of what I am getting may be this will help

Attachments

• untunk.jpg
    untunk.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 287

jcims

I just had the same issue this morning. When I downloaded the data from RR it populated my Systems tab, but the bulk of the records went to another local system with a different ID.

In the below instance, the records went to the 6F16 ID (i believe) but my control channel identified as 712D. So I just stopped the signal receiver, entered this tab, double clicked on the 6F16 and changed the ID to 712D.

Started signal receiver, worked fine. I don't know if the information is accurate, but it looks better. :)

Attachments

• systems.png
    systems.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 255

SCPD

QRT
That's how it works for Omnilink except you can leave the system IDs alone. The program knows the SysIDs are linked together. If you select the groups or users tab in any member system, you'll see the same information.

I'm guessing the OP's problem is a hidden "Pick One" dialog. The Pick One dialog happens when two or more systems use the same system ID. Rare but it happens. Dig up the dialog from the taskbar and click the appropriate system to start the actual download.

jcims

That's how it works for Omnilink except you can leave the system IDs alone. The program knows the SysIDs are linked together. If you select the groups or users tab in any member system, you'll see the same information.

I'm guessing the OP's problem is a hidden "Pick One" dialog. The Pick One dialog happens when two or more systems use the same system ID. Rare but it happens. Dig up the dialog from the taskbar and click the appropriate system to start the actual download.

The only thing is that it wasn't logging labels until I did that. Is it possible they are in different MARCS systems somehow? The trunkgroups that were coming up after the fact seemed reasonable given the content that was in the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.