P25 format decoder for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

I have been working with DSD and OP25 for quite some time and have found that even though they work well in the linux (ubuntu) enviorment a large amount of the programming and software work I do is in the windows enviorment. I am sure not the only programmer in this situation.

I would like to get a few other programmers together and work on a P25 format decoder that will display all the information that both DSD and OP25 does exept that the program runs in windows. The program can be written in C++ or .net, this will depend on the programmers willing to contribute to this project.

For this project we are lucky in that a lot of the ground work has been done by the DSD people who have generously made thier source code available. It is my understanding that the OP25 programmers are willing to assist in a serious attempt to "port" thier program to windows. Futher there is a wealth of information on the P25 structure so that it should only be a matter of processing the input data stream with the apropriate sub routines to display the desired data.

I should mention that it is my intent that the program be public and available to all.

Anyone interested can reply in this thread.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have been working with DSD and OP25 for quite some time and have found that even though they work well in the linux (ubuntu) enviorment a large amount of the programming and software work I do is in the windows enviorment. I am sure not the only programmer in this situation.

I would like to get a few other programmers together and work on a P25 format decoder that will display all the information that both DSD and OP25 does exept that the program runs in windows. The program can be written in C++ or .net, this will depend on the programmers willing to contribute to this project.

For this project we are lucky in that a lot of the ground work has been done by the DSD people who have generously made thier source code available. It is my understanding that the OP25 programmers are willing to assist in a serious attempt to "port" thier program to windows. Futher there is a wealth of information on the P25 structure so that it should only be a matter of processing the input data stream with the apropriate sub routines to display the desired data.

I should mention that it is my intent that the program be public and available to all.

Anyone interested can reply in this thread.

Do keep in mind that DSD 1.4.1 source is available, but the other stuff up to including 1.6 are not [which added some things as filtering and fixed some problem that caused dsd to crash in certain instances].

Somewhere in the forums there are discussions about what was changed [and a windows binary only released] by other individuals that make the latest Win binary much preferable to the original Win binary. you'd be starting out with the original source from dsdauthor.

mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Once again, this has absolutely nothing to do with sigs below 30 Mhz - moved.

Please be sure to look at the forum descriptioins...thanks for your future cooperation

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Hi Gary;

Op25 is based on GNU Radio which already runs on Windows.

GNURadio Windows - uhd - Ettus Research LLC

Thanks to cygwin, DSD has less compatibility problems on Windows that it does on Linux due to competing audio platforms.

gary123

Hi Unitrunker

I have never been able to get OP25 going sucessfully. I dont believe that it will run in windows under GNURadio (correct me if I am wrong).

I am aware that DSD runs acceptably in windows DSD is a exeptional program that I use all the time but I find that I need the data that OP25 provides. I also believe that DSD does not use the built in parity bits in the P25 stream but does display the raw data in some cases.

The project that I am proposing would be a vastly updated version of kNACk. This program would display the data in items like the HDU (MI,KID etc) along with the raw data in the LDU1 and 2 VC packets.

SCPD

QRT
You said the op25 devs would assist in porting the code to Windows. Op25 is built on an older version of GNU Radio. All they really need to do is update op25 to work with the latest GNU radio. That's my understanding.

gary123

The fact that OP25 wont run well or is in need of an update is one of the primary reasons I want to get a windows based decoder going. I do believe that the OP25 developers have done some type of update. I am currently halfway through reloading gnu radio into ubuntu 12.04 with the intent of loading OP25.
Unfortunatly I have not been able to download the prerequsites for ubuntu 10.04 to try loading OP25 into that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.