DMRDecode software set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have been running Unitrunker on some frequencies that have control channel noise and Unitrunker brings it up as DMR Protical, I have downloaded DMRDecode software and am having a problem setting up DMRDecode program, I have Attached a snapshot of DMRDecode window, can someone tell me how to fix this problem, any help apreaciated.
Steve

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It looks like your input audio might be a little too high... Ideally the red bar at the bottom should only be about half way across (and it should be green), so play with your levels a little. Also, have you tried the Invert option in the 'Main' menu?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Problems with tap

It looks like your input audio might be a little too high... Ideally the red bar at the bottom should only be about half way across (and it should be green), so play with your levels a little. Also, have you tried the Invert option in the 'Main' menu?

:) Thanks Forts, I have my audio sound card levels down to the minimum, and switched the Invert Option and it seems to be working better but my audio from my tap is still to high and I have no way to bring it down, I always have this problem with this tap being to loud.
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
One of my scanners is like that too... The signal out of it was way too hot all the time, so I had to increase the value of the resistor in series with the tap point. I normally use 10k but in this case I had to go higher. You may need to play with the values a little bit to find the sweet spot.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help

One of my scanners is like that too... The signal out of it was way too hot all the time, so I had to increase the value of the resistor in series with the tap point. I normally use 10k but in this case I had to go higher. You may need to play with the values a little bit to find the sweet spot.

Well there you go I have no resistor in line, I new I forgot something long ago, but the program works real good most of the time but it's not the program it's my tap, I'll get a resistor for it.

Thanks for all your help. There are several DMR frequencies comming out of Buffalo NY.
Steve

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Hey Saint, think you can pm or post the freqs. to me? I'm in St. Kitts would like to try to hear/see something with dsd so I know I have it working. Thanks.

Adam700

I can't seem to get my DMRDecode program to decode the VHF turbo in my area.... It goes through a lot of data but all I want is the CC's and time slots and or talk groups if any...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I can't seem to get my DMRDecode program to decode the VHF turbo in my area.... It goes through a lot of data but all I want is the CC's and time slots and or talk groups if any...

IF DMRDecode is indeed decoding [i.e. you see a bunch of stuff scrolling down the screen] but none of it appears to be the useful information like whether it's a CC or VC, LCN / timeslot info / talkgroup info, then you probably need to set the Inverted switch in the menu.

If it's set to inverted, unset it. If it's unset, set it.

Mike

Adam700

OK this is what I have... I downloaded build 68.... I couldn't get it do decode anything at all.... "capture" wouldn't even work... so I downloaded build 57.... It works and decodes good but I tried that inverted switch on and off and made no difference... maybe I downlloaded the wrong version or type?

it shows:

11.15.35 jitter change to 9
11.15.35 jitter change to 1
11;15;55 Sync Lost ; centre =-3003 max= 17054 min= -23061 umid=9532 imid=-15530
11;15;55 Setting new Params then somewhat same info as above
11;15;55 DMR voice sync acquired
11;16;26 jitter change to 9 then so one and so forth....

Not sure how to take a screen shot...

Thanks again for the help and patients.....

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The jitter stuff is usually a good sign that your discriminator tap maybe isn't quite up to snuff. What kind of setup are you using here?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ok.... but how are you feeding the audio to the laptop? You need a scanner with a proper discriminator to pass the digital signal to the computer.

Adam700

oh.. i'm using a double male cable 3.5mm jacks on both ends.. the one side is plugged into the audio out on the back of my GRE com and the other is plugged into the mic jack on the labtop

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah that's not going to do the trick unfortunately. As I mentioned you need a tap installed in the scanner for this program to work properly. There is lots of information available on here regarding discriminator taps as well as via Google. You'll have to get that setup before you will have any success at all with DMRDecode.

Adam700

Oh ok.... well that makes sense now why its not working lol. Thanks for the help and I'll look into this tap and figure out what I need.

Thanks again for all your help, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.