SDRTrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
I posted a new trunking and ANI decoder that I'm working on. It supports multiple SDR dongles and/or scanner audio inputs allowing you to decode multiple channels across multiple dongles. It also supports trunk tracking for MPT1327 systems.

It's still under development, but you can try out the incremental builds from the download link:

sdrtrunk - Software Defined Radio (SDR) trunked and digital radio decoder - Google Project Hosting

Decoders include: LTR, LTR-Net, Passport, MPT-1327, Fleetsync and MDC-1200.

Denny

KA2ZEY

Looks great but when I try to run I get the following error:

C:\Users\Demian\Desktop\sdrtrunk>java -cp "SDRTrunk.jar;libs/*;config/*;images/*
" gui.SDRTrunk
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I did install the latest Java too.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Looks great but when I try to run I get the following error:

C:\Users\Demian\Desktop\sdrtrunk>java -cp "SDRTrunk.jar;libs/*;config/*;http://forums.radioreference.com/images/*
" gui.SDRTrunk
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I did install the latest Java too.

Update your PATH environment variable to include the location where java is installed, so that Windows knows which program (java) to use to run the application:

How do I set or change the PATH system variable?

You'll probably be adding something like the following to the path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_51\bin

When you've corrected it and want to verify, you should be able to type 'c:\java -version' at a command prompt, and it will respond with the installed java version.

Last edited:

KA2ZEY

Update your PATH environment variable to include the location where java is installed, so that Windows knows which program (java) to use to run the application:

How do I set or change the PATH system variable?

You'll probably be adding something like the following to the path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.7.0_51\bin

When you've corrected it and want to verify, you should be able to type 'c:\java -version' at a command prompt, and it will respond with the installed java version.

Do I add the C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.51\bin path to the end of this long command:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bi

I'm a bit confused by all this not being very savvy with CMD in Windows.

I follow the instructions to go to the Advanced tab and then system variables and then Path. I'm using Windows 7.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Do I add the C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.51\bin path to the end of this long command:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bi

I'm a bit confused by all this not being very savvy with CMD in Windows.

I follow the instructions to go to the Advanced tab and then system variables and then Path. I'm using Windows 7.

Yes, you'll be adding the java path to the end of the list. Notice that each of the entries in the list are separated by a semi-colon (;). Add a semi-colon to the end, and then add your java path.

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.55\bin

You have to determine what the path is to your java runtime. I listed (C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.51\bin) as an example. Use your file explorer to determine what the folder structure is. If you just downloaded the latest Build 55 of the java 7 runtime environment, it would be (C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.55\bin). If you downloaded Java 8, it will look something like (C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.8.0.xx\bin.

blhamlin

Great job! I don't normally have any LTR in my area, but this morning I am enjoying a flood of LTR-Net and Passport signals thanks to some Tropo Ducting. Your decoder is working fantastic! I had not had much luck with the existing LTR decoders, so yours is a huge step! Do you have anything set up for logging yet?

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Great job! I don't normally have any LTR in my area, but this morning I am enjoying a flood of LTR-Net and Passport signals thanks to some Tropo Ducting. Your decoder is working fantastic! I had not had much luck with the existing LTR decoders, so yours is a huge step! Do you have anything set up for logging yet?

In the channel configuration, under the Event Log tab, you can select to log Decoded Messages, Raw Messages (binary), or the Call Events. It will create a log file for each in your user directory (C:\Users\username\sdrtrunk\eventlogs\)

Do you know which LTR-Net system you're decoding? I've only seen the MobileTech (NY state) and Loudoun County VA school system so far.

blhamlin

Not sure yet, I will have to do a bit of research. Probably a system from Florida as a lot of stuff is coming in from there this morning.

KA2ZEY

Yes, you'll be adding the java path to the end of the list. Notice that each of the entries in the list are separated by a semi-colon (;). Add a semi-colon to the end, and then add your java path.

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.55\bin

You have to determine what the path is to your java runtime. I listed (C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.51\bin) as an example. Use your file explorer to determine what the folder structure is. If you just downloaded the latest Build 55 of the java 7 runtime environment, it would be (C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.7.0.55\bin). If you downloaded Java 8, it will look something like (C:\Program Files\Java\ire1.8.0.xx\bin.

Great! Got it working. Thanks for the help.

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
Fun stuff - been playing with it, but it seems to peg my CPU and utilizes ~310MB of RAM. Something funky on my end or a coding challenge?

Thanks for putting your time n' energy into it ;)

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Fun stuff - been playing with it, but it seems to peg my CPU and utilizes ~310MB of RAM. Something funky on my end or a coding challenge?

Thanks for putting your time n' energy into it ;)

How many channels are you decoding, which tuner (s) are you using
and which decoder are you running ?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Finally got a chance to explore this today. I'm greatly impressed! I do have some suggestions/observations though.

First - chalk up one more request to expand support to the R820T chipset. I was lucky enough to find one of my old E4000 devices, but I have two R820Ts I'd like to try as well.

Second - also chalk up more requests for support for Moto 3600 and P25 9600 CC decode. :)

Third - is there a way I can bulk populate the system/site/channel list from a text file or something? Not to bash your UI but I think I could put all my data in much faster by copy/pasting from an Excel sheet into a data file.

And one bug report - in the configuration area/editor panel, where you are able to type in a frequency, on my Windows 7 PC, only the numbers above the QWERTY part of the keyboard work for this function. When I try to use my number pad (and yes, NumLock is on), the number appears briefly, but is replaced by a zero immediately, and the cursor doesn't progress to the next cell (like it does when using the numbers above the alpha keys).

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

I'm noticing similar consumption in Task Manager myself. This is a Win7 Ultimate x64 machine with 8gb of RAM and a 2-core 3.16GHZ CPU, and "java.exe *32" is using between 25% and 65% CPU, and is using between 340 and 391 MB of RAM. I'm using one E4000 tuner on the FSII decoder (with one channel obviously).

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider

When I first noticed it, I was just decoding an LTR-Net audio signal being piped in from SDR#. Happened when I used an E4000 stick though too.

It doesn't happen right away - I think it starts once there's signal getting decoded.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Jay, thanks very much for taking the time to provide feedback.

First - chalk up one more request to expand support to the R820T chipset. I was lucky enough to find one of my old E4000 devices, but I have two R820Ts I'd like to try as well.

It's funny to hear the E4000 referred to as 'old'. The R820T addition should happen shortly.

Second - also chalk up more requests for support for Moto 3600 and P25 9600 CC decode. :)

I'm planning to include both. I'll probably work on the 3600 decoder right after the R820T. I have to develop a C4FM demod, so the P25 will be a bit longer.

Third - is there a way I can bulk populate the system/site/channel list from a text file or something? Not to bash your UI but I think I could put all my data in much faster by copy/pasting from an Excel sheet into a data file.

I agree. Many parts of the UI need work. I'm planning to interface to the RR database so that you can point/click to select/import systems from the database. I started down that path, but RR is using an older SOAP format for their web services and the java interface code generator tool didn't want to cooperate. So, I'll have to write the interface by hand.

Let me do some more work on the UI and get the RR interface implemented and then see if there's still a need for an alternate import method.

And one bug report - in the configuration area/editor panel, where you are able to type in a frequency, on my Windows 7 PC, only the numbers above the QWERTY part of the keyboard work for this function. When I try to use my number pad (and yes, NumLock is on), the number appears briefly, but is replaced by a zero immediately, and the vcursor doesn't progress to the next cell (like it does when using the numbers above the alpha keys).

I plan to completely redo the frequency control, but I'll put a bug report in to see if I can patch the current control to let you use those keys.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Denny

Status
Not open for further replies.