RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software

Voice/Control Channel Decoding Software - For discussion of software applications which decode digital voice formats and trunking control channels. Please use the HF Digital Signals forum for anything below 30MHz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2016, 5:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdj2000 View Post
Sounds good Denny.... I can always work on a alias list as I have all the ID's in Unitrunker... But for now it is getting it all working as I would like to replace the Unitrunker/DSD+ setup I am using for my online feed with this setup.
I'm in the middle of redesigning the user interface for setting up channels and aliases. I'm getting rid of the configuration tree and replacing it with channel and alias tables to make it easier for setup. Any data that you put into your configuration now will auto-convert to the new format. I split the next release into two parts so that I can get the user interface update released more quickly and make it easier on folks using the program.
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2016, 9:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSheirer View Post
If your P25 voice calls aren't producing audio, then it's likely missing the JMBE library. If you run into any problems building the JMBE library let me know. The JMBE library can be compiled on any computer or OS and shared once you get it built. Simply place a copy of the library in the same folder where you run the sdrtrunk start script.
Denny,

I have tried everything to get the JMBE library built, tried using your script and it still is not working. Can you send me a copy of it?

Thanks
RJ
Old 02-22-2016, 11:03 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Denny & everyone.... Here is screenshot that was taken from my MacPro this morning with SDRTrunk fully up and running with aliases copied direct from my windows machine. Computer crashed once, but not exactly sure why as right now it has been running and decoding P25 audio perfectly since 6:45 am this morning.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdj2000 View Post
Denny,

I have tried everything to get the JMBE library built, tried using your script and it still is not working. Can you send me a copy of it?

Thanks
RJ
I too cannot seem to get the downloads to work from the link posted a few pages ago I believe last June. I found the page, but nothing happens when I click on links. Opens to another page which looks like a folder. I have the software running missing only the JMBE library. I know my way around a PC fairly well, but this compiling has me too confused. I can not find any straight forward step by step instructions.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Chuck

Last edited by cpetraglia; 02-23-2016 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-23-2016, 5:18 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

For those that do not understand:

https://github.com/DSheirer/sdrtrunk/wiki/JMBE

Patent Warning

The JMBE library contains source code that may be patent protected. Users should check local laws before downloading, compiling, using, or DISTRIBUTING compiled versions of the JMBE library.

This is why it is up to each individual to download / compile / use their own version of JMBE. Asking Denny to provide the compled JMBE should result in no response.

Asking for help on how to do it makes sense, but only saying that you can't get it to compile doesn't make sense. You've got to type out all of the gory details describing in detail what you tried, so that somebody can tell you what you missed.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.

Last edited by mtindor; 02-23-2016 at 5:22 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2016, 6:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
For those that do not understand:

Patent Warning

The JMBE library contains source code that may be patent protected. Users should check local laws before downloading, compiling, using, or DISTRIBUTING compiled versions of the JMBE library.

This is why it is up to each individual to download / compile / use their own version of JMBE. Asking Denny to provide the compled JMBE should result in no response.

Asking for help on how to do it makes sense, but only saying that you can't get it to compile doesn't make sense. You've got to type out all of the gory details describing in detail what you tried, so that somebody can tell you what you missed.

Mike
This is where I get nowhere. When I open the download link it goes to a strange page and wont download a thing.
I had read this and tried many things for hours with no luck. I realize I have to create it myself.
The instructions are simple, just nothing to download unless I am missing something very badly.

Thanks, Chuck

Adding JMBE to SDRTrunk for decoding MBE audio

•Download the jmbe_builder.zip (windows) or the jmbe_builder.tar.gz (linux) file to your computer and uncompress the file. These files are available in the DOWNLOAD folder

•Run the make_jmbe_library_windows.bat (windows) or the make_jmbe_library_linux.sh (linux) file. This will download the source code and create the jmbe-x.x.x.jar file. The file that gets created will have version numbers in place of the x's in the filename.

•Copy the jmbe-x.x.x.jar file to the same folder where you run the sdrtrunk scripts to start the sdrtrunk program.

•Start SDRTrunk normally and the program will automatically discover and use the jmbe library
Old 02-23-2016, 7:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I posted the downloadable JMBE builder scripts as a release product on the JMBE website:
https://github.com/DSheirer/jmbe/releases

And I updated the sdrtrunk JMBE wiki page to point to this same release page:

cheers,
Denny
Old 02-23-2016, 8:17 PM

I haven't been able to get the compile to work either. I've downloaded and extracted the jmbe_builder zip file and run the Make_jmbe_library_windows batch file. It creates a folder labeled jmbe but I haven't been able to find jmbe_0.3.2.jar file file. I-m running Win 7 64-bit and have Java 8.0_73

Found a post from last year that says "the JMBE auto-builder requires you to have the (Java Development Kit) version installed and the JAVA_HOME environment variable setup. I have to update the instructions on the wiki." Don't believe I have the development kit.

Last edited by BM82557; 02-23-2016 at 8:34 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 02-23-2016, 8:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Any chance you can go back to providing a single file that when extracted gives you a program that actually works without having to know all this computer stuff to make it work?

Until the Java issues began I really enjoyed your program but now it doesn't work when clicking on the Windows.bat file like it used to.

Simplicity is a great concept.

Its really annoying with several programs that are being offered that require a degree in computers or something to make them work.

I like the old fashioned double click it and it does its job.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:47 PM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstwolf62 View Post
Any chance you can go back to providing a single file that when extracted gives you a program that actually works without having to know all this computer stuff to make it work?

Until the Java issues began I really enjoyed your program but now it doesn't work when clicking on the Windows.bat file like it used to.

Simplicity is a great concept.

Its really annoying with several programs that are being offered that require a degree in computers or something to make them work.

I like the old fashioned double click it and it does its job.
Simplicity might be a great concept, but an even better concept is innovation and features. Try and consider for one moment what Denny has done (the countless hours of time researching, coding, etc). It might be a pain not to have single-click access to all the goodies, but you should expect it and attempt to do it. We can't expect everything to be handed to us [and for somebody else to take all of the risk], especially when it's being delivered for free.

Mike

If I PM you about a submission, please reply promptly or your submission may be rejected.
Old 02-24-2016, 5:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSheirer View Post
I posted the downloadable JMBE builder scripts as a release product on the JMBE website:
https://github.com/DSheirer/jmbe/releases

And I updated the sdrtrunk JMBE wiki page to point to this same release page:

cheers,
Denny
I can not find the .0.3.0 file either. All I get is the JMBE and JMBE Builder folders. I do have the correct Java builder kit installed. I have moved both folders to the SDRTrunk directory. I am decoding multiple calls (Voice channels), but no audio or even the indicator that audio is being sent. I get the error at the end of the boot script that says could not find/load JMBE audio conversion file.
Thanks for moving the files to an easy to download location. I feel I am making progress, just at the verge of getting it working.

Chuck

Last edited by cpetraglia; 02-24-2016 at 6:27 AM.. Reason: added error info
Old 02-24-2016, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM82557 View Post
I haven't been able to get the compile to work either. I've downloaded and extracted the jmbe_builder zip file and run the Make_jmbe_library_windows batch file. It creates a folder labeled jmbe but I haven't been able to find jmbe_0.3.2.jar file file. I-m running Win 7 64-bit and have Java 8.0_73

Found a post from last year that says "the JMBE auto-builder requires you to have the (Java Development Kit) version installed and the JAVA_HOME environment variable setup. I have to update the instructions on the wiki." Don't believe I have the development kit.
Today I downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit for my version of Windows and set the JAVA_HOME variable. Then I executed the make_jmbe_library_windows batch file. Jar file jmbe-03.2 was created and I copied it into the folder I have SDRTrunk installed in. Now just have to setup SDRTrunk for my system and I'll be done.
Old 02-24-2016, 8:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM82557 View Post
Today I downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit for my version of Windows and set the JAVA_HOME variable. Then I executed the make_jmbe_library_windows batch file. Jar file jmbe-03.2 was created and I copied it into the folder I have SDRTrunk installed in. Now just have to setup SDRTrunk for my system and I'll be done.
Would you mind giving the short story on how to set the Java_Home variable?
I'll do some other research as well.

Chuck
Old 02-24-2016, 9:05 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I tried, but it would never override the PATH, so I ended up just copying the tools.jar file from the SDK to the SRE where the script was looking for it and everything worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetraglia View Post
Would you mind giving the short story on how to set the Java_Home variable?
I'll do some other research as well.

Chuck
Old 02-24-2016, 9:23 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10. But I choose to install the 32-bit JDK.

Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads
- Java SE Development Kit 8u74
- I selected the option to "Accept License Agreement"
- I downloaded: Windows x86 182.01 MB jdk-8u74-windows-i586.exe

I ran the installer.

By default, JAVA_HOME ends up defaulting to where the JRE is ( c:\program files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74 )

I went to Control Panel --> System, clicked on Advanced System Settings, and then clicked on Environment Variables.
- I clicked the top "NEW" button and entered:
- Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
- Variable Value: c:\program files (x86)\java\jdk1.8.0_74
- I then clicked OK

After that, I navigated to where I unarchived/unzipped the jmbe_builder.zip to. In my case, I unzipped jmbe_builder.zip to c:\jmbe_builder. So I navigated to c:\jmbe_builder and clicked on make_jmbe_library_windows.bat .

Once it completed, I then saw a new file in my jmbe_builder folder, which was called jmbe-0.3.2.tar

I copied jmbe-0.3.2.tar to the folder where my SDRTrunk is installed.

Everything works fine in SDRTrunk, including the playing of audio.

Mike
Attached Images

Last edited by mtindor; 02-24-2016 at 9:33 AM.. Reason: add some crappy graphics
Old 02-24-2016, 9:25 AM

I have Win 7, Went to Start Menu>Computer>System Properties (at top of window)>Advanced System Settings>Environment Variables (box)>New then variable name I put JAVA_HOME, for variable value I put the path (C:\Program Files|Java\jdk1.8.0_74 in my case) you put where installed your JDK
Old 02-24-2016, 9:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well, sorta. I finally got it to decode a control channel, but every time it moves to the voice channel, it just stays there and never goes back to the control channel. Do I need more CPU? Or do I have to enter every frequency/channel manually?

The system: Baltimore City Trunking System, Baltimore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies
Old 02-24-2016, 11:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
I'm running 64-bit Windows 10. But I choose to install the 32-bit JDK.

Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads
- Java SE Development Kit 8u74
- I selected the option to "Accept License Agreement"
- I downloaded: Windows x86 182.01 MB jdk-8u74-windows-i586.exe

I ran the installer.

By default, JAVA_HOME ends up defaulting to where the JRE is ( c:\program files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74 )

I went to Control Panel --> System, clicked on Advanced System Settings, and then clicked on Environment Variables.
- I clicked the top "NEW" button and entered:
- Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
- Variable Value: c:\program files (x86)\java\jdk1.8.0_74
- I then clicked OK

After that, I navigated to where I unarchived/unzipped the jmbe_builder.zip to. In my case, I unzipped jmbe_builder.zip to c:\jmbe_builder. So I navigated to c:\jmbe_builder and clicked on make_jmbe_library_windows.bat .

Once it completed, I then saw a new file in my jmbe_builder folder, which was called jmbe-0.3.2.tar

I copied jmbe-0.3.2.tar to the folder where my SDRTrunk is installed.

Everything works fine in SDRTrunk, including the playing of audio.

Mike
That was the ticket. Thanks for that.
Everything working as it does with limited bandwidth. My system here has 20 freqs. and a 6 MHZ spread. Also about 225 TGs. This will take some time to get everything edited.
I have read of a new version with support for SDR Play RSP. I cant find a download anywhere.
Any info?

Thanks Chuck
Old 02-24-2016, 11:13 AM
OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetraglia View Post
That was the ticket. Thanks for that.
Everything working as it does with limited bandwidth. My system here has 20 freqs. and a 6 MHZ spread. Also about 225 TGs. This will take some time to get everything edited.
I have read of a new version with support for SDR Play RSP. I cant find a download anywhere.
Any info?

Thanks Chuck
You're welcome. You should view the "Issues" section at GitHub for SDRTrunk

See: https://github.com/DSheirer/sdrtrunk/issues

You'll notice what is planned for the future. SDRPlay support isn't completed yet.

Mike

Old 02-24-2016, 11:01 PM

Default Where is the .exe?

Denny,
What is the executable I need to download to start running SDRtrunk?
There are multiple files shown on the google code site.
Thanks,
Chris