Help with Using a Pro-668 on Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

I have recently purchased a pro-668. This scanner has IF out and IF out discriminator through the headphone. On unitrunker this scanner is not listed. I do see a PSR 800 listed in which this scanner is similar to.

Does anyone have any instruction on how to set up the pro-668 on unitrunker?

Blackswan73

The 668 is pretty much the same as the 800, so it should setup the same way. The 668 wasn't out when the last version of Unitrunker was released

ngel

Pro-668 with unitrunker

Alright looks like i have it set correctly on unitrunker, it is tracking systems. I had to set it up in unitrunker as a psr 800.

Now i have a different problem. I can not just pause on a control channel. It will not work that way. The only way i can get it to track a system is by scanning a scan list. Problem with this is , as soon as someone keys up it stops tracking the system on unitrunker. On my pro-106 I could do a search stop on a control channel or hit the analyze feature in the trunking system and it would go to the control channel. I can not do this from what i can tell so far on the pro668 unless i am missing a setting or something.

ngel

Control channel

That information was helpful, however I was looking for a little different method. On my pro-106 when i would do a limit search, the scanner would stop on any active control channel frequency. When it stopped on the control channel it would display site info such as , site #, and system ID and decode percentage. If it stopped on that same frequency during a search while using unitrunker , unitrunker would start decoding the system just off being paused on that control channel during a search. Unless i am missing something the pro-668 does not seem to have this ability. You also do not have any kind of analyze feature that you can quickly go to on the fly while in the scan list. These two features are extremely helpful while using software such as unitrunker and 96pro.

SCPD

QRT
To use the PSR800 as a signal role receiver, you have to create a scan list that contains a talkgroup or radio ID that is never used - and tell the radio to scan ONLY that scan list. It will patiently follow the control channel looking for calls that won't happen.

http://www.unitrunker.com/grecom.html

Status
Not open for further replies.