DSD Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. Yesterday I installed this DSD Plus program to try it for the first time and I have the 4 screens that come up but I can't seem to get it to work or do anything.

I plugged my tapped scanner into the microphone jack on my comp and put it on a TRBO Freq that I have in my TRBO Portable Radio and I keyed up on that channel and nothing happened with any of those screens for this DSD Plus Program. It didn't do anything or show me that it was a Voice Channel or what the Colour Code and Time Slot I am using. Was doing this just as a test to see if the program works and so I can then use it to figure out what Colour Codes and Time Slots others on TRBO are using.

So if anyone on here can help me out and maybe tell me what I might be doing wrong or might need to do. I would appreciate it.

Or if anyone on here can send me a PM with there Phone Number so I can go over it on the phone rather than messaging back and forth on here.

I would like to start using this program.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. Yesterday I installed this DSD Plus program to try it for the first time and I have the 4 screens that come up but I can't seem to get it to work or do anything.

I plugged my tapped scanner into the microphone jack on my comp and put it on a TRBO Freq that I have in my TRBO Portable Radio and I keyed up on that channel and nothing happened with any of those screens for this DSD Plus Program. It didn't do anything or show me that it was a Voice Channel or what the Colour Code and Time Slot I am using. Was doing this just as a test to see if the program works and so I can then use it to figure out what Colour Codes and Time Slots others on TRBO are using.

So if anyone on here can help me out and maybe tell me what I might be doing wrong or might need to do. I would appreciate it.

Or if anyone on here can send me a PM with there Phone Number so I can go over it on the phone rather than messaging back and forth on here.

I would like to start using this program.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.

reconrider8

Hmmm did the source audio change any? If not it may be a bad tap or your line may have a short or something. If it changes try getting the audio changed to maybe get it right. Also make sure your incoming is set correct. I would say the latter or either the first would be your issue

slicerwizard

A TDMA signal from a DMR portable is not a good test signal. A continuous carrier from a repeater would be better. In the OP's case, he should be using what's available in his neighborhood, namely Fleetnet P25 voice signals. If he continues to have problems, he should upload sample recordings of the discriminator output.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
When you launch DSD+, does it show audio input device #1 as the input you want to use?

DSD lists the input / output devices available (In red circle) then lists which ones it is using.(yellow circle)

If you need to use another input or output besides the #1, lets say input #2, you will either need to start it with a command line or make a small batch file with the following: dsdplus.exe -i2

The -v4 is for how verbose the program is on the screen.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 885
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 826

SCPD

QRT
Here is 4 screen shots to show you all that I am seeing when the program is up.

Maybe this will tell you what I am maybe doing wrong or need to do.

I just tried TRUNK88 on the comp I would be using for this and TRUNK88 works just fine.

Let me know

Attachments

• DSD PLUS PIC 1.jpg
    DSD PLUS PIC 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 885
  • DSD PLUS PIC 2.jpg
    DSD PLUS PIC 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 851
  • DSD PLUS PIC 3.jpg
    DSD PLUS PIC 3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 802
  • DSD PLUS PIC 4.jpg
    DSD PLUS PIC 4.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 801

SCPD

QRT
Yah and does that mean anything if they are both the same because that is the type of sound thing that is on my computer. Do they need to be different, if so how do I change it.

And is everything else good in those images with the program or am I still doing something wrong.

I would like to try and start using this program.

Let me know.

Thanks again.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Is DSD+ looking at the proper audio input device? If it is, I can almost guarantee you won't decode anything by keying up your portable beside your scanner, as the scanner will be completely overloaded by the signal. You should see something on the waveform display though indicating that signal is at least getting to the software. Also, DSD+ doesn't play well with simplex comms. If you have someone in your area using TRBO, throw their frequency in the scanner and see if you get anything.

mmisk

DSD+ available audio inputs and outputs

good morning:

When you first start DSD+ it should display your available audio inputs and outputs.
Here is a screen capture of what DSD+ displays on my computer.
As you can see I have 4 inputs and 5 outputs that I can use.

Can you let us know what DSD+ displays on your system and then we can help you with a batch file
to get you going.

Mike

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I dunno if it is, it should be. Ok. Because here in the town where I am no one use TRBO, so was just using 2 TRBO SIM Channels I have in my portable as test channels for this program to try it out.

I will send 4 screen shots and see if you guys can tell anything from that if and what I might be doing wrong and what I need to do to get this program running right so I can start using it in places I go to.

Here is the screen shots let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• PIC 1.jpg
    PIC 1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 888
  • PIC 2.jpg
    PIC 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 866
  • PIC 3.jpg
    PIC 3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 816
  • PIC 4.jpg
    PIC 4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 865

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure none of the DMR decoding packages decode simplex DMR.

SCPD

QRT
Oh ok. I never used this program before so I don't know much about it just seen and read about other people using it.

So that might be why it is not working it will only work with repeaters. I thought it will still show something when I had the freq entered into my scanner that is connected to the computer and when I keyed up on my portable on the same freq. Thought it would show me everything like the colour code and time slot I am using.

So the only way I will know if it works is I will need to enter in the RX Freq of a TRBO Repeater Channel into my scanner and do it that way.

So this way I am doing it with these SIM channels won't work to let me test this program out.

Let me know.

Thanks again

SCPD

QRT
Ok not sure what a VB Cable is. Is this a important type of cable. If it is I don't have one.

All I am doing is plugging in my taped scanner, one that I use for TRUNK88 into my Microphone Jack on my computer and then sitting the scanner on the TRBO Freq and doing like I said in my previous posts.

RonnieUSA

Ok not sure what a VB Cable is. Is this a important type of cable. If it is I don't have one.

All I am doing is plugging in my taped scanner, one that I use for TRUNK88 into my Microphone Jack on my computer and then sitting the scanner on the TRBO Freq and doing like I said in my previous posts.

VB-Audio Virtual Apps

VB-Audio CABLE is a Windows Audio Driver working as Virtual Audio Cable. Thanks to its Multi-Format Audio Engine, VB-CABLE can be used without any configuration! Ready to work with all Audio Application using MME, KS, DX, KS or WASAPI interfaces.

ak4fn

Make sure your sound input is turned up in recording controls (right click speaker icon/Adjust audio proprieties/ Audio Tab/ Volume in the sound recording device)

SCPD

QRT
Ok, I tried TRUNK88 on that comp and it ran just like it should, so I would think that the sound is all good, but can do that.

So I will need this VB Cable in order for this program to work or I just need to use this program on TRBO Repeater Channels only not SIM Channels what I am doing testing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.