Pro96Com site names

Status
Not open for further replies.

novascotian

When I monitor a P25 site the neighbour list does not show the names of the sites unless I have at some other time monitored those sites and manually named them. So my question is, is there a way to name sites without getting myself in range and actually monitoring them for at least a few seconds and manually naming at that time?

mikey60

If you have a RadioReference.com subscription, you can use the import function to get them.

Alternatively, with Pro96Com not actively decoding a system, you can locate the syste.ini file located in the SystemXXX folder, which by default is in My Documents\Pro96Com.

In that file, under the [Towers] section, add the sites to that file as follows

[Towers]
001002=Some Tower

The first three numbers are the RFSS number of the site, and the last three numbers are the site number. In the example above, the RFSS number is 1 (001) and the site number is 2 (002)

Mike

novascotian

Okay Mikey, I have actually looked at that file several times in the past but figured that it was a record of what the program had detected.. I didn't realize that it was a file that I could externally change and from what you say what I type in will be picked up by the program...i.e. it is a two-way sort of thing.. Do I have that right?

Also, I have been opening this ini file in Excel. If I bring it up in Excel, make the addition and then save that, will I be making it unusable or is that what you would do?

Last edited:

mikey60

I would use a text editor like notepad to edit the file. It's a straight text file.

And to answer your other question, yes, the program will read that file when it starts decoding the system in question.

Mike

novascotian

Worked great! I opened as a text file, made a few changes... went back to the program... first off it didnt seem to work but realized I had to shut down the program and restart so it would pick up the revised info... Now all good... thanks again..

mikey60

Is Pro96Com being blocked from Internet access via a firewall or the Windows Firewall? That would cause this error. If you're using a proxy server, that could also need to be set up to connect to the Internet.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.