recovering TG and RID info in Pro96Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

novascotian

I have been using Pro96Com almost continuously since the beginning of March on the new 700 MHz P25 system, and parked most of the time on one of the local sites. I have turned it off and on a few times over the course of the last nearly couple of months, and up to now it has retained all the tg tags (aliases) I have entered, and accumulated number of hits on each tg... and as well has kept all the radio id alphatags I have entered.. I did turn the program off today, maybe more than once. the laptop froze was the scenario... Now that it is up again.. it is like I just started.. only a few tg's and a few hits.. and no tags.. same with the radios. no tags... like life began today... I do have the backup from yesterday.. I looked at it and it has everything there intact... but how do I insert it back into the active program so it picks all that back up again... I tried already with the talk group file from yesterday and tried to save it as today's talk group list but it didnt take... Any ideas out there. I dont like the idea of retyping like 400 tg tags and more than a thousand radio id tags back in manually.... !!

mikey60

If you used the backup feature, look in that folder. If not, unless you made a backup of your own, I'm afraid not. The bug that caused the files to be cleared has been fixed in the version that's available on the web site now.

Mike

novascotian

Thanks Mikey... well I am happy in a way that there was a bug... so I can blame it instead of myself...LOL... but I do think I have this pretty much fixed. I did go into the backup files and simply moved the day before's talk group file over to the currrent day, replacing the current one. This with the program turned off... When turned back on the tags are there.. wonderful... not sure yet if the hit counter aspect is continuing on but hopefully so..

novascotian

Just before I do anything stupid.. I am planning to grab the newest version of Pro96Com, so can I just download and replace the version I have and retain all my data? Looking for the best way to proceed.

mikey60

Depends on the version you're running now. Newer versions store the data in the My Documents folder tree. If the version you're running is storing the data in the program folder, then you may have to move the data, or use the -D command line parameter to define where those data files are stored.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.