FMP scanning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

When FMP is scanning it will stop on a frequency for about one second before moving off, I can't seem to get it to stay on a frequency until the conversation is done, any ideas.

LimaZulu

Thanks for that post, so does this mean that anyone who uses the FMP scanner is having the same problem?

Nope. Scanning is working fine for me. NXDN 48 conventional here. The only problem is that it's slow but thats a matter of optimization in future releases (I hope). I have a lot of digital frequencies and put them all in the scan file. But that way I miss a lot due slow scanning. To speed things up a bit I do edit the scan list by placing # in front of the frequencies I don't want to scan and leaving uncommented frequencies I do want to scan.

moonbounce

RonnieUSA

On re reading his post, it sounds like he is actually able to listen the current conversation then it scans. On my computer it stops on a conversation I get about one word or two and off it goes. I don't get to hear much before it scans off of that frequency.

Yes I'm also have the same problem, I catch 1 or 2 words sometimes, and it moves on, or when I do hear a conversation, I don't get to hear the reply.

moonbounce

I also notice that it has a problem after starting. I was running the programs last night, this morning I start up DSDplus no problem but when I start FMP it starts in that it opens, then shuts down? On the bottom of the opening page I see a line that says "invalid waveout device number specified". I did not change anything when I last used it but now I get an error message?

moonbounce

I just tried it using the FMP-Shortcut that worked, don't know why the desktop shortcut won't. Guess i will have to put a new shortcut to the desktop.

DSDPlus

I also notice that it has a problem after starting. I was running the programs last night, this morning I start up DSDplus no problem but when I start FMP it starts in that it opens, then shuts down? On the bottom of the opening page I see a line that says "invalid waveout device number specified". I did not change anything when I last used it but now I get an error message?
That message appears if no command line parameters are supplied to FMP. This is a user error.

reconrider8

In cmd it should look something like (what ever the path to your folder is)>fmp.exe 2 1 49 frequency. 2 being the output from fmp.exe 1 is the dongle its self 49 being the ppm and the frequency your showing.

moonbounce

In cmd it should look something like (what ever the path to your folder is)>fmp.exe 2 1 49 frequency. 2 being the output from fmp.exe 1 is the dongle its self 49 being the ppm and the frequency your showing.

Thanks reconrider5, I now have it up and running but I find it is not practical for me to use it at this time as it won't stop on a signal long enough to hear anything. Thanks for getting back to me.

DSDPlus

FMP is designed for use with DSD+ on digital voice channels. If FMP is scanning P25, IDAS, NEXEDGE, DMR or ProVoice voice channels, it will pause during voice calls - unless you do not have it configured properly.

moonbounce

Can you give me an idea as to what or where I ( or anyone else having the same problem ) we should be looking. I am thinking you are talking about the Active Keys or how was put into the dsdplus1.071 folder?

This is a really sweet little program, I would really like to be able to use it to it's fullest potential, but I need some help.

Last edited:

RonnieUSA

FMP is designed for use with DSD+ on digital voice channels. If FMP is scanning P25, IDAS, NEXEDGE, DMR or ProVoice voice channels, it will pause during voice calls - unless you do not have it configured properly.

Care to tell or show how to configure it, because I have the same problem, I use it to listen Nexedge, DMR, these are not trunked systems that I listen to.

I think I have solved my scanning problem, I had created the FMP-FreqList.csv list, and got an idea to remove it, and see what happens, and now it's working like it should.
I saved the CVS file to my documents folder to make I have got it for later use.

Last edited:

moonbounce

Can't append to incompatible file 'DSDPlus.wav'
Can't append to file 'DSDPlus.wav'; trying create instead

The above is the message I get when running DSDPlus 1.071 from the command prompt after I open FMP and select function S. I get about 2 words and then scan resumes.

DSDPlus

Can't append to incompatible file 'DSDPlus.wav'
Can't append to file 'DSDPlus.wav'; trying create instead
Because you are using different decoder options. Perfectly normal and not an error.

The above is the message I get when running DSDPlus 1.071 from the command prompt after I open FMP and select function S. I get about 2 words and then scan resumes.
You do not have FMP set up correctly. Either your scanlist entries are not marked as using digital modulation or line 5 in FMP.cfg does not point to the folder where DSD+ is running.

moonbounce

Here is my FMP.cfg file for version DSDPlus 1.074, and I still have the same problem as before,in that I only hear a word or two. Maybe there is something in my FMP.cfg file that I am not seeing, thanks.

1 ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
512 ; spectrum window width
32 ; FFT size (8k, 16k, 32k)
20 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
-5000 6250 7500 12500 15000 25000 ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
c:\dsdplus-1.074/ ; DSD+ path
.\FMP-FreqList.csv ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-FreqList2.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles ; search units (miles or kilometers)
99.9 ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241 ; search origin

RonnieUSA

Here is my FMP.cfg file for version DSDPlus 1.074, and I still have the same problem as before,in that I only hear a word or two. Maybe there is something in my FMP.cfg file that I am not seeing, thanks.

1 ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
512 ; spectrum window width
32 ; FFT size (8k, 16k, 32k)
20 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
-5000 6250 7500 12500 15000 25000 ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
c:\dsdplus-1.074/ ; DSD+ path
.\FMP-FreqList.csv ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-FreqList2.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles ; search units (miles or kilometers)
99.9 ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241 ; search origin

Try this for your config.
Code:
1                                  ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
512                                ; spectrum window width
32                                 ; FFT size (8k, 16k, 32k)
20                                 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
5000 6250 7500 12500 15000 25000   ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
.                                  ; DSD+ path
.\FMP-FreqList.csv                 ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMP-RRSystems.csv                ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles                              ; search units (miles or kilometers)
99                                 ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241                  ; search origin

If You would like I have added the config file in zip format also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.