Can't run DSDPlus from a command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrboMonitor

Help,
I am unable to run DSD+ v1.074 from the command line. it works fine from clicking on the DSDPlus.exe application within the folder i have extracted it too on my desktop.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you open a DOS prompt, you then have to CD to the appropriate directory.

For me, it would be something like:

c: <enter>
cd \users\mtindor\desktop\dsdfolder <enter>
dsdplus

I dont know the specifics of your system. But all you really need to know is that you need to change directory to the proper folder using the CD (change directory) command.

Mike

TrboMonitor

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm currently running Windows 7, 64-bit. I've managed to get DSD+ running from the command prompt by pathing my way to the program located on my desktop with the program and files in its own folder. the problem is it runs the program but im still unable to initiate any DOS commands :(

slicerwizard

I'm currently running Windows 7, 64-bit. I've managed to get DSD+ running from the command prompt by pathing my way to the program located on my desktop with the program and files in its own folder.
Create a shortcut that starts a command prompt in that folder. It would make your life simpler.

the problem is it runs the program but im still unable to initiate any DOS commands :(
I assume "the program" is DSD+? It doesn't have any "DOS commands", so I don't follow. Can you provide a more detailed description?

Amraks

Premium Subscriber
I have mine running from a shortcut on my desktop which will start the program with my personal commands.

You can add your commands to the shortcut

Target
D:/dsd+/dsdplus,exe -i4 -o3
start in
D:/dsd+
Run In
Normal window

Makes life easier than using command prompt

My short cut makes sure it uses the right input and output.
Virtual Cable 2 for input
Virtual Cable 1 for output.

Last edited:

Amraks

Premium Subscriber
Create a shortcut that starts a command prompt in that folder. It would make your life simpler.

I assume "the program" is DSD+? It doesn't have any "DOS commands", so I don't follow. Can you provide a more detailed description?

DSD+ has commands you can enable in cmd, you can do it from a shortcut like I have mentioned above.

TrboMonitor

Cheers all for the adivce :) and cheers to Amraks, now that dose make life easy!! happy days. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.