Unitrunker user roaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Roaming can also be from one authorized site onto other sites as well.

So if radio is authorized on site 4 and goes out of site 4's area into site 17's area it would be roaming on site 17 until it gets back into site 4's coverage.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
User Roaming Where To Find

If UniTrunker supports user roaming - where would the information show?

I have spent years using this program and have never been able to find this feature.

slicerwizard

Subscribers transmit that information on the inbound control channel, but I doubt many of us are monitoring that. The responses can be seen on the outbound control channel.

Monitored system = 3C2 (Toronto PS)

Roamer home system = 64C (York Region PS)

Roamer ID = 64C:508111

Roamer temporary ID = 16018199

Code:
Sync:+P25p1 NAC:3C5 TSDU          IDEN_UP              ID=0 Base=851.00625 Offset=-45 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5
                                  U_REG_RSP            SysID=64C SID=508111 Src=16018199 Resp=ACCEPT
                                  MOT_PATCH_ANN        Supergroup=296  Subgroup=304
Sync:+P25p1 NAC:3C5 TSDU          IDEN_UP              ID=1 Base=762.00625 Offset=+30 Spacing=6.25 BW=12.5
                                  IDEN_UP_TDMA         ID=2 Base=851.0125 Offset=-45 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5 Slots=2
                                  RFSS_STS_BCST        SysID=3C2 LRA=0 RFSS=1 Site=5 CC=769.93125 SC=70
Sync:+P25p1 NAC:3C5 TSDU          SCCB                 RFSS=1 Site=5 [ch=770.18125 SSC=04] [ch=770.68125 SSC=04]

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
User Roaming

Well that would be why I've never seen "roam" or "roaming" in the user tab for the system being monitored.

All that displays is Unknown, Offline & Online for all 65520 users on the system.

Guess the Delaware Public Safety TRS has no roaming users. I am tuned to the cc for Kent Co Simulacast (853.90000)

I've monitored the UCA TRS in Utah for years and never seen "roaming" and yet the UCA is all about making sure radio's stay affiliated within their home area consistently. Once a user goes out of their home area it opens roaming for that talkgroup for up to 30- minutes I believe and then after that it closes and cannot be heard anymore.

This is what started the question here in DE. I never saw tg's come and go. It's always the same ones and they go all the time. Take for instance the DTC (Delaware Transportation Corp) which run public transportation. I can hear Wilmington which is almost 80 miles north of me and they boom in all day but I cannot hear any of the public carrier stuff from Dover where I'm at. Guess Wilmington is hearing them since I cannot.

nd5y

I don't think a radio can roam on the same system.
What Slicerwizard posted is not the same thing as radios affiliating with the nearest site in a multiple site system.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
User Roaming

It makes sense -especially where the simulcast sites carry mostly the same traffic there would be no roaming based upon nd5y's statement. There are two Independent repeaters on this system which might show roaming if I were to monitor their control channels.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
There are two Independent repeaters on this system which might show roaming if I were to monitor their control channels.

What you are describing is affiliation, as nd5y mentioned. It can also be called site roaming, but it is not the same type of roaming that Unitrunker shows and is being discussed. When a user roams between sites, all you will see is the normal "Joins" message.

I believe that you will only see a roaming user on P25 systems which has ISSI enabled and allow for roaming between systems. This means that a user from a different system (not site) joins the system you are logging to talk back to their home system.

Oh didn't know that, do you know which Opcode has that information?

I think it uses the group affiliation OpCode 0x28, but with a modified extended structure that includes the additional information. I think the discussion in the http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...com-showing-unkown-packets-2.html#post2643103 talks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.