Unitrunker issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

scootz

Premium Subscriber
For Rick and the rest of the group:

I have an older 700 MHz P3 computer that runs XP Professional on that will run the UT v 1.0.28.4 without any issues.

When I have updated to the newer versions, I get the UT appears to launch and then quits. It does not show up on the Task Manager in applications, but it does show in the processes but disappears when UT seems to shut down.

Looking to see if anyone else has had an issue using older hardware running this program?

UT newest release runs fine on my newer HP machine without a hitch.

Thanks in advance for any answers to a quirky issue.

:confused:

D

DaveNF2G

Unitrunker, please refresh my/our memory. Does Unitrunker make use of drivers from the C++ redistributables?

scootz

Premium Subscriber
UT: The SP3 was already installed on the computer. I did a repair of the SP hoping it would alleviate the problem. Alas, the issue is still here. Any other words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance.

SCPD

QRT
Do you have a remote DLL file paired with the install? Some of those third party DLLs require a Microsoft runtime "redistributatible".

scootz

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that I have any remote DLL paired with the install. I did both an uninstall and install of both of the old version and newest version.

The older version will fire up and run without any issue. The newest one appears to run in the background as the task manager showed, but just shortly after that the task manager shows it disappearing, so the program appears to start, but then quits shortly thereafter.

I usually run UT with a disc. tap to the microphone in jack as my decoder, but have also used the BC396XT via USB to decode with the older version with no issue.

Very weird issue.

SCPD

QRT
I glossed over your comment of using a Pentium III. The program executes SSE2 instructions which are not available on older processors like the Pentium III.

scootz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for seeing that UT. I didn't put that in the picture. I know that the technology that I have on that old machine is limited and now I am seeing that I need to look at newer laptop that is my radio only computer.

Again, thanks for seeing that little bit of information.

S :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.