dsd 1.095 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieUSA

Just received my fast lane update, anyone know what has been updated, I'm unable to download it and look right now.
From the Notes file.

DSD+ 1.095 New Features
-----------------------

The DSD+ -i command line parameter can contain an IPV4 address;
this lets DSD+ connect to a copy of FMP that is running on a different
PC in your local network or on the Internet

Example: DSDPlus -i192.168.1.150:20001

NEXEDGE radio alias editing

DSD+ now marks auto-generated NEXEDGE radio aliases in the DSDPlus.radios
file by prepending an asterisk like so:

NEXEDGE, ... yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm, *"aliastext"

If you edit a NEXEDGE alias, you must remove the asterisk; this tells
DSD+ that the new alias text is NOT auto-generated and DSD+ will not
replace it with OTA alias text

FMP command line processing

The FMP command line format has been modified and is now similar to
the DSD+ command line. A summary is listed here:

FMP rev 1.4t

Usage:
FMP [options] Normal operation
FMP -h Show help

Options:
-i<num> RTL SDR device number (1-255) [-i1]
-o<num> Output audio device (1-255) [-o1]
-o<port> Output audio TCP port (256-65535)
-P<num> PPM value (-999.9-999.9) [-P0.0]
-g<num> RF gain (dB) [max]
-f<MHz> Initial tuned frequency [-f99.9]
-b<kHz> Initial filter bandwidth (4, 7, 9.5, 12.5) [-b7]
-z<num> Show zoomed spectrum (0-1) [-z1]
-e<num> Enable/disable economy mode (0-1) [-e1]
-n<num> Select noise filter (0-2) [-n0]
-v<num> Set volume level (0-500) [-v100]
-s<num> Enable/disable scanner mode (0-1) [-s0]
-wsl<v>.<h> Spectrum window location [-wsl50.50]
-_<num> Minimize windows at startup; bitmapped
-rv Role is trunk voice channel monitor

-rv puts FMP into voice following mode (same as pressing 'V' in FMP)

Any shortcuts or batch files that run FMP will have to be modified
to match the new command line format.

RonnieUSA

DSD+ 1.095 New Features
-----------------------

The DSD+ -i command line parameter can contain an IPV4 address;
this lets DSD+ connect to a copy of FMP that is running on a different
PC in your local network or on the Internet

Example: DSDPlus -i192.168.1.150:20001

Anyone get this working with more than 1 computer?

I got it to work with 1, and that was by chance, because I had DSD+ started already on the second computer, and when I restarted the computer running DSD+, and FMP, it started logging to the second computer, and the first computer wasn't logging anything.

DSDPlus

You are trying to run two clients (two copies of DSD+) ?

Currently, FMP only supports one client over TCP. We can change this.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Any chance that the PPM correction value could be changed while the program is running via keyboard commands? Sometimes the dongles drift up and down a bit depending on the temperature and how long they have been running. Not a big deal, but would be nice to fine tune without shutting down the program.

RonnieUSA

Any chance that the PPM correction value could be changed while the program is running via keyboard commands? Sometimes the dongles drift up and down a bit depending on the temperature and how long they have been running. Not a big deal, but would be nice to fine tune without shutting down the program.

FMP keys:

Active keys:

0-9 . Enter - set frequency
[/] - select step size
/ - step frequency
Ctrl / - step frequency by 250 Hz

M - toggle spectrum memory overlay
X - reset spectrum memory
Z - toggle spectrum zoom overlay
I - select injection mode
B - select bandpass filter
E - toggle economy mode
F - select noise filter
^/v - (cursor up/down) adjust volume level
spacebar - toggle muting

g/G - adjust RF gain
c/C - adjust frequency correction

Hope that helps.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Per FMP.txt (grab a release of official DSDPlus off of DSDPlus | Digital Decoder to get it in the zip file), just use c / C for frequency correction inside FMP when running.

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
please don't post that dsd is out when this is not true it is only out to the privileged this site is going down hill quick

It's not the "privileged" as you put it, it's out for those who appreciate the hard work of the developer and have chosen to support them. Too bad so many expect the software and development for free, to that extent I agree with you the site has gone downhill.

br0adband

please don't post that dsd is out when this is not true it is only out to the privileged this site is going down hill quick

It is out for those that are part of the "fast lane" program the DSD+ developers have in place, all the info to join that is inside the DSDPlus.text file but, unfortunately most people don't read things or they don't read with comprehension so they miss the relevant aspects of some things.

As for being "privileged" it's $10 for a year to join the "fast lane" program, if you're serious about this hobby then I wouldn't consider that a major cash outlay like you were buying a car or something. :)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
AGREED!!! If it isn't a true public release, it isn't happening!
First, it is a true public release for everyone who subscribes.

Second, I guess RR should stop talking about the new Whistler scanners because they aren't giving them away for free. Or maybe they should remove the download page because only premium subscribers can use them.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

br0adband

AGREED!!! If it isn't a true public release, it isn't happening!

That's a fairly limiting way to view things, and besides, at some point as DSD+ continues development, there's a pretty good chance that the current fast lane release (1.095 as this thread is discussing) will probably become an actual public no-donations-required release here in the coming weeks or months as new fast lane builds are created.

Again, it's $10 for a year of fast lane releases for a tool that is arguably worth a lot more to many of us in this hobby. I don't imagine $10 is gonna break anyone's bank, but who knows... I personally am incredibly grateful that DSD+ exists because the original DSD stalled long ago in terms of updates and new features. Without DSD+ at this point there wouldn't be pretty much any DMR or NXDN monitoring potential save for that old version of DSD and in my experience of using it the performance was marginal at best - I'm not trying to knock those original DSD developers because they were just that, the original, the first one(s) to make it possible.

But DSD+ is where things are headed so, a little support - considering all the free builds that have been released since it first appeared - isn't a bad thing, right?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I believe when the Fast Lane program was announced it said there would be a couple public releases a year... If you want the Fast Lane features without supporting the program then you just wait for the next release... I'd imagine there will be another public release before years end.

dw2872

I have been thinking about paying the $25 lifetime "Fast Lane" membership but I am unsure if they have included P25 trunking into 1.095. I know even the publicly released free version can decode P25 voice, but don't know if it trunk follows P25 for you too, like it does NEXEDGE and some others.

I will probably soon pay the membership of $10 per year or $25 unlimited to get the releases faster and for all the developers' hard work, but I will jump all over it right now if I knew it did P25 trunk following.

Another cool feature I see it does is the saving of each individual transmission in separate files labeled with TG and radio ID and also putting it in the metadata of the file. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.