Unitrunker Feature Request for multi-VCO setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
May I suggest for those of us running SDR sticks or other multi-VCO-capable receivers:

- a visual indication in site picker, direct frequency entry, or etc., that the frequency you are trying to choose is outside the range the VCO can be tuned to (dependent on what your other VCOs are tuned to). For example, in Site Picker, freqs outside your bandwidth range might be shown as red instead of black font color.

and/or:

- Automatic setting of the bandwidth to expand or contract as necessary to allow the frequency being input to be monitored (i.e. if my current setting is 0.90 MSPS and I key in a frequency that is 1 MHz "away" from what my other VCO is set to, my receiver is automatically reconfigured to 1.024 MSPS)

And also:

perhaps a little more explanation of how Unitrunker treats multiple VCOs. Is one of the VCOs favored over others when it comes to deciding if a frequency can be tuned? For example, if I have two VCOs tuned to 769.x MHz frequencies (within that 1 MHz range), and then try to tune VCO 2 to a 774.x MHz frequency, obviously I'm not going to be able to span that range, and I will not successfully tune VCO 2. But if I then try to tune VCO 1 to a 774.x frequency, will both VCOs 'wake up' and decode? Put another way, if a VCO is "unsuccessfully" tuned to a frequency because it was outside the range compared to what VCO 1 was set to, does a subsequent tuning of VCO 1 have to land "in range" of the frequency VCO 2 is set to in order to receive a signal?

SCPD

QRT
- a visual indication in site picker, direct frequency entry, or etc., that the frequency you are trying to choose is outside the range the VCO can be tuned to (dependent on what your other VCOs are tuned to)
The AirSpy VCOs will say "Out of reach" as the VCO status. I need to give the Realtek VCOs the same treatment.

a little more explanation of how Unitrunker treats multiple VCOs.
It's a sliding window. The program adjusts the window to fit as many VCOs as possible.

Amraks

Premium Subscriber
Hey Unitrunker
Say you have 3 dongles.
1 for signal 2 for voice.

But your frequencies are out of range you have 4 LCN.

Is there a way or going to be a way of managing the vco's better as in
split voice dongle 2 into 2 VCO to manage the top 2 lcn's so the frequencies stay in range.
Then the other voice dongle 3 to do the same with the bottom set of lcn frequencies to stay in that range..

might save people some money managing with a bit of control which frequency the vco can be associated with.

SCPD

QRT
Any time you have more than one VCO, you will risk missing a conversation because it falls outside the radio's usable bandwidth.

A single VCO receiver for voice following is always the most flexible because it isn't held back by other VCOs.

The program does its best to maximize VCO coverage within a single SDR device. It does not try to maximize coverage across multiple SDRs - so there's definitely room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.