DSD with Unitrunker 1.0.26.14 working but no audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie555

My Install is working but I have no sound,

I followed the 2 year old instructions (with updated plugin w/ UniTrunker 1.0.26.14 ) to the letter but, the SDR would not performed as noted in the instructions; I retraced every step. I doubled checked my work. At this point, I backed up and started reading the information provided in the supplemental help links. After a minimum of 25 hours (over five days) of reading and fiddling around with the SDR# Trunk Tracking project, I walked away from it for a week.

<HINT>
Why didn't it work as it should? Because, I had the Laptop sitting on the desk with my large screen monitor, USB Keyboard, cordless phone and, cellphone; the two antenna were attached to the metal braces under the desk. The 800 Mhz signals were being blocked by the high noise floor created by all the crap on the desk. I moved the Laptop from the desk to another operating position and relocated the antenna about 10 feet away from the noise source and the setup took off like a F-18 Jet.</HINT>

<rant> "Open Source Code" -- Everybody and "his brother" seem to be able to write code and proudly document it on the Internet; there are plugin for this and plugins for that but, they are scattered all over the W.W.W. and, anyone is free to modify the code; this lead me down a number of dead end roads because what worked with one version of the code did not work with a different version of the code. Eventually, even I ended up modifying .xml configuration files and downloading 5 different release versions; substituting one with the other until I found the right combo. The problem: "Lots of dead limbs and rotten fruit hanging off the tree"; nobody around to organize the Incubator.</rant>

Seven days pass before I jump back in, for three days, I read endless links and I watched a YouTube Video on "How To" in "Stop-motion" to analyze every comment and move made by the author. All of the "Instructions" on the web seems to gloss over some very important points needed to make this thing work. By the fifth day of this cycle, I had it decoding individual digital feeds for the local trunked system but, the radio would not follow the trunking commands. I took another week off.

A couple of days ago, I started the final push; I entered the Control Frequency into the radio and noticed that it did not line up with the calibration of the radio. When I properly calibrated the SDR Dongle freq to the radio, the Trunk tracking started trying to control the secondary receiver but could not. The secondary radio was set to be parked on a control channel. I shifted the park frequency and, the Tracking control kicked in and started bouncing the receive frequencies around. The receiver dongle needed to be calibrated to the right frequency and now, the setup is working.

There is a sequence that the programs needed to produce output and function must be linked together with virtual audio cables and started up in a certain order to make it work; I have tried different configurations of connections with the VA cables but I don't have sound out other than "Trial".

Output of Control receiver routed by VAC #1 to default input (DSD), output routed by VAC#2 to input of Signal receiver with T-T activated. Signal receiver follows commands. Output of signal receiver is routed by VAC to speaker out but, all I get is digital audio and noise.

KD8DVR

Use dsd+. It is a better program. Dsd doesn't decode well in my opinion; it is much to finicky. When it does work, the audio quality is much better than dsd+; but it is unreliable.

eddie555

Use dsd+. It is a better program. Dsd doesn't decode well in my opinion; it is much to finicky. When it does work, the audio quality is much better than dsd+; but it is unreliable.

Nope, I tried the command line version of DSDPlus after I tried the dsd160 GUI. I can get some transmissions with dsd160 but none with the command line version.

I am looking around for another alternative.

eddie555

Nope, I tried the command line version of DSDPlus after I tried the dsd160 GUI. I can get some transmissions with dsd160 but none with the command line version.

I am looking around for another alternative.

RTFM

Used the command line to point DSDPlus input to correct port (default is line 1).

%:/Your_Folder/%/DSDPlus-1.51/DSDPlus -h

Status
Not open for further replies.