DSDPlus 1.101 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I am having a problem with setting up FMP in DSDPlus 1.101. My FMPshortcut looks like this.

C:\Users\Brian\Documents\dsd1.101\FMP.EXE -i1 -01 20001 -p25 142.000

When I try to run FMP I get the following message.

Invalid command line parameter '-01', what am I doing wrong? I am only using one dongle,

Thank
MB

cg

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I was thinking it was DSDPlus batch file you were talking about
For FMP, you want the -i to be the dongle number. The output is the port so -o20001 Also, you need to have a -f before the frequency
So....
FMP -i1 -o20001 -p25 -f142.0000
DSDPlus -i20001 -o1 -fa

Print or create a file of all the help commands. I find it easier to write out what I want to do and type it in once. To create a file for help, run:
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_Help.txt
and hit enter a couple times until the screen clears itself.

chris

moonbounce

Sorry, I was thinking it was DSDPlus batch file you were talking about
For FMP, you want the -i to be the dongle number. The output is the port so -o20001 Also, you need to have a -f before the frequency
So....
FMP -i1 -o20001 -p25 -f142.0000
DSDPlus -i20001 -o1 -fa

Print or create a file of all the help commands. I find it easier to write out what I want to do and type it in once. To create a file for help, run:
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_Help.txt
and hit enter a couple times until the screen clears itself.

chris

Thanks Chris, that worked but with one change, -p25 brought up the "invalid line parameters" again so I switched it to -P25 and that worked.

MB

Last edited:

moonbounce

last thing I am missing is where does the PPM go and is it still just the number like 66?

moonbounce

Got it all running, just waiting for someone to talk just to verify that I am receiving a signal. thanks for the help folks.

moonbounce

So I am not getting any signal to DSD from FMP. If I go into Control Panel and into sound and disable cable input (which I think is my VB Cable ) DSD won't run. So I know that this version of DSD is supposed to be independent of a third party program to route the signal to DSD from FMP so looks like I am missing something else, any ideas.

Thanks
MB

cg

Premium Subscriber
You only have one dongle plugged in correct? It should show up on the screen when you start FMP.

The "P" command in FMP is the ppm command (upper case is correct, sorry). It can be from -999 to 999. I usually verify it on a strong channel like a control channel or weather radio. Adjust it up or down after you start FMP with "c" or "C". If your ppm is not 25 like your example above, change it in the batch file, save and restart.

You don't use a virtual cable when you use the internal ports. If you want to use the virtual cables, just use the output device number the computer assigned to it in FMP and then the input device number assigned to that same cable in DSDPlus.

chris

slicerwizard

last thing I am missing is where does the PPM go and is it still just the number like 66?
Typing FMP -h shows all of that stuff.

Got it all running, just waiting for someone to talk just to verify that I am receiving a signal. thanks for the help folks.
When you need to do some testing, just park on one of the 421 MHz RCMP control channels. No waiting.

So I am not getting any signal to DSD from FMP. If I go into Control Panel and into sound and disable cable input (which I think is my VB Cable ) DSD won't run. So I know that this version of DSD is supposed to be independent of a third party program to route the signal to DSD from FMP so looks like I am missing something else, any ideas.
You have FMP sending its audio through a TCP port (something like -o20001) ?

But you still have DSD+ trying to listen to VB Cable (something like -i1 or -i2) ?

You need to tell DSD+ to listen via the TCP port (-i20001 or whatever port FMP is using)

moonbounce

The reason I wanted to use DSDPlus 1.101 in the first place was to see if it has a faster scan than DSDPlus 1.74 the version I am currently using. I assumed that not using the VB Cable that the scan rate would be faster, If it is not faster then I can stay with 1.74.

That being said, I have tried in vain to get DSDPlus 1.101 running, and my patience has evaporated. So if someone could save me the grief and tell me if DSD1.101 is or is not faster then that would help me make a decision on whether to continue on with this battle.

Thanks
MB

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't use that feature so I can't say but there was nothing in the documentation about increasing the scan speed. If speed is needed, you might be better off with a tapped scanner feeding into DSDPlus decoding the voice.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

When you downloaded DSDPlus did you download and install the DLL package? You need them also.

Which reminds me of a question. Why are the current DLLs not included in the current DSDPlus installation package? It seems like keeping them separate is just asking for additional support work.

moonbounce

I don't use that feature so I can't say but there was nothing in the documentation about increasing the scan speed. If speed is needed, you might be better off with a tapped scanner feeding into DSDPlus decoding the voice.

chris

Thanks CG for all your help, and I do have a tapped scanner with DSD 1.71. The reason I like DSD 1.74 and
FMP is that I listen 10 channels with 4 different agencies using them and one of them is analog so and the other three are P25 digital. So DSD 1.74 is not interrupted by the analog or encryption like the tapped scanner.

So I guess I can save myself all of the headaches of trying to get DSDPlus 1.101 up and running and stick with 1.74.

And yes I was also wondering why you have to download the DLLs seperately.

Thanks
MB

cg

Premium Subscriber
When a new version comes out, I simple unzip the files, copy and paste them over the old ones. The DLLs are not touched so I don't know why you would have to mess with them but one time (initial install).
After I get a new version, I create new help.txt files and get rid of the old ones. When new features come out (I am a Fast Lane user) I will create new help files as needed for the new programs like FMP24.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

When a new version comes out, I simple unzip the files, copy and paste them over the old ones. The DLLs are not touched so I don't know why you would have to mess with them but one time (initial install).

Because the zipfile containing just the DLLs has newer versions of some of them than were in the initial install. The only way to know that is to keep watching that file also. Seems simpler to just include everything in one package.

moonbounce

Okay so here is my command line,

"C:\Users\Brian\Documents\dsd 1.101\FMP.EXE" -i1 -o1 -o256 -o20001 -P65 -f142.000

Everything starts fine as long as I have Cable A input enabled in the Sound department, which means that I am routing FMP through the VB Cable to DSD which is not what I want, I want FMP to feed DSD directly.

With the Cable A disabled DSD won't open. With Cable A enabled DSD opens but doesn't receive a signal from FMP but FMP is functioning normally.

I have gone over this a thiousand times, I have even shutoff my firewall but nothing I do seems to help. When I open DSD it is showing that the signal is being routed to Cable "A". What am i missing.

Thanks
MB

Status
Not open for further replies.