DSD TalkGroups P25P1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2WVO

hello..
wondering if a way DSD does TalkGroups on P25P1...
there is 5 or 6 local PDs. and goin to be i think at least 3 FDs.
i am running one scanner for this but i am not sure if i need to run a 2nd for the control channel.. if that helps or no..

cg

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus does not do P25 trunktracking. It does do P25 phase 1 voice decoding. You can use UniTrunker to do the trunktracking and then use DSDPlus on the voice channel to decode the voice. There are several threads here on RR related to that.

chris

KB2WVO

i had read them.. i was hoppin not to have to run 2 scanners.. and iam not 100% sure how dongels can work with no Dtap.
i do recive the voice . lock out the data channels.

i guess ill have to read more.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you have a P25 capable scanner, why are you messing with DSDPlus? You need to provide more information about what you are trying to do and what you are trying to do it with (equipment).
Learning more is always a good thing.

chris

KB2WVO

no do not have a p25 scanner..
350 and up lil high for my pocket rite now.. and i been using dsd for mototurbo.

n4yek

As far as I know, DSDPlus will not control scanners. It can control the dongles by using SDR software. Now if your scanner can be controlled by some SDR software, then maybe.

coolderb

no do not have a p25 scanner..
350 and up lil high for my pocket rite now.. and i been using dsd for mototurbo.

P25 Phase 1 scanners are available on Ebay for $200 or less. This is one currently at $170:

Radio Shack Pro 106 Digital Handle Trunking Police Scanner w EXTRAS | eBay

Another with a starting price of $135, BuyItNow of $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIDEN-BEAR...284937?hash=item4af888a649:g:SaIAAOSwa-dWsVdn

(I had one of those, great little scanner:)

Also, many Radio Shack stores still have a few on clearance and an additional 50% off of the clearance price when you buy any other store item, even if the additional item only costs $1.

KB2WVO

ty coolderb...

N4YKE:
i havbe 2 dongels.. and oooo boy what a PITA to setup.. ive seen 100 diff ways.. not one works for me yet lol ..
i had it at one point.. dsd seen the control channel .. but couldnt get it to work with unitrunker in anyways shape or form. to talk to the sdr software and that omg in itself is another nitemare..
i had 3 hairs left before this. now i have 1 lol ..

i have DSD hooked to Dtap frm my 800mgz scanner. and the site doesnt change control channels everyday so its working there..
so iam almost wondering how much better all this headaches would be worth using dongels and such ..

the biggest issue i have is.. theres multi PDs on the same freqs. so was goin to use the dongels in hopes to have it only let say one group thru.. still have no idea if true on that. uniT i guess can do that. but heck cant get it working at all.. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.