Unitrunker Multiple VCO Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic6955

I have unitrunker up/calibrated/& running, and it has been for months, however as more site on the system I monitor come online I have run into this problem...

I can put one site in a VCO, it receives with 100 percent health, I can go to another nearby site using still the single VCO, just changing the frequency, and it decodes with 100 percent health, however when I add the second VCO and try both simultaneously one of them will drop out and maybe barely marginally decode or not at all....

The sampling rate is set correctly and both frequencies are within range.

Has anoyone had an issue like this? Could be a hardware issue too, however checking with SDR# I can see both spikes, and several other distant sites no problem....

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
How wide of a bandwidth (sample rate) do you have set on the Info tab?

I have four VCOs on an R820T2 working fine on 2.112 msps. If I go much higher than that, my signal quality degrades.

Only set your sample rate for the bandwidth you need. If all your freqs will fit into a 0.96 MHz block, you could go that low.

IIRC Rick has said that the RTL2832 chips have been found to not perform well above about 2.112ish.

Medic6955

My SR is 2.112 mbps and my frequencies are 0.95 MHz apart in the 700MHz range, must just be pushing the upper limits of the hardware, guess I'll add a second dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.