Dumb cap+ question, determining channel order

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I'm very new to dmr trunking.

I have several cap+ systems in my area but I'm not not clear how to determine the channel order.

xKpAOxB.png

The frequency I'm tuned to is 452.85. When two tgs are keyed up I see lines for 1 and 2 both decoding audio and I know dmr is 2 slot, so...is this a single channel system?

RayAir

That is the ch 1/2 repeater. I doubt it is the only one.
Start looking for other Cap+ frequencies with the same TG's. A license search usually yields other possible frequencies. Or just wait until the rest channel moves off the 1/2 repeater then find it.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
That is the ch 1/2 repeater. I doubt it is the only one.
Start looking for other Cap+ frequencies with the same TG's. A license search usually yields other possible frequencies. Or just wait until the rest channel moves off the 1/2 repeater then find it.

When you say 'moves off' you mean my current frequency stops carrying traffic? Or voice traffic?

I've been keeping an eye on some of the others they are licensed for and many have the dmr emission code. Haven't seen any substantial traffic yet.

edit: were you saying that the frequency I've tuned right now is the #1 on the trunk?

Last edited:

RayAir

Your channel activity box says ch 1, 2 rest. Ch 2 (TS2) is being used as the rest channel ( system data bursts). The radios on the system stay on the rest channel. When there is a voice call, all participating radios are told what channel to go to while radios not part of the call will continue to stay on the rest channel.

You need to note the rest channel number or ch # of a voice call. If DSD tells you rest ch 4, then you know that frequency is the 3/4 repeater. If it says rest ch 7, that freq is the 7/8 repeater and so on.

slicerwizard

When two tgs are keyed up I see lines for 1 and 2 both decoding audio and I know dmr is 2 slot, so...is this a single channel system?
It looks like it's a single channel system, at least for now. If there were other channels, DSD+ should've picked up some messages announcing that the rest channel had moved to other channels, but your channel window doesn't show any other channels, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.