DSD+ Fastlane 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded and installed the new version, but have run into a glitch with FMPA 2.5.

The notes state,

a populated serial number list is required for -i<num> device selection

if you do not populate the serial number list, use of -i<num> on the FMPA command line will trigger an error

to determine an Airspy's 16 digit serial number, plug it in and run FMPA

When I run FMPA, all I get is an error message telling me that a serial number is required. I don't get the serial number. I removed the -i1 parameter, but still get the same message.

I know this was just released, but has anyone else run into this error?

Thanks,

Gary

slicerwizard

I had to add the extra serial number line (with nothing in it) to my FMPA.cfg file before running FMPA. Then re-edited to add the serial number that FMPA displayed.

If you use the FMPA.cfg file that's in the update, you probably have to remove the "serial numbers go here" comment before FMPA will run...

garys

Premium Subscriber
Removing the serial number did it.

Thanks.

I had to add the extra serial number line (with nothing in it) to my FMPA.cfg file before running FMPA. Then re-edited to add the serial number that FMPA displayed.

If you use the FMPA.cfg file that's in the update, you probably have to remove the "serial numbers go here" comment before FMPA will run...

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I am seeing a small bug:

The Nexedge system I am monitoring shows most channels as "CC". It momentarily goes away for a channel when a call is granted, but then it returns shortly thereafter. This is new with v2.5. Anyone else seeing this?
Other than that, DSDPlus keeps getting better. Thanks to all the developers and beta testers.

Attachments

• Nexedge Bug.JPG
    Nexedge Bug.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,762

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Great job on the update. Thanks to all that is working on this project. One question is the type of encryption that is being used pops up on the p25 phase 1, but not on phase 2. Am I missing a command?

garys

Premium Subscriber
So, now I have a larger problem. While FMPA works fine in -rc mode, in -rv mode, it will not connect to VC.bat. The header of VC.bat says "No Signal", and I get no audio.

I reverted back to the last known good configuration of DSDplus, FMPA, and all works well.

This is the reverse of the problem that I noted in the other thread, and I don't know if it's related. In that instance a TCP error was fixed by installing the older version of DSDPlus.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
DSDPlus2p5 is working great with my Airspy on an LSM system. Excellent job Minista.

Mike

Attachments

• dsdplus on LSM.jpg
    dsdplus on LSM.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,870

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Apparently 2.5 is supposed to support LSM simulcast. Does anyone know what changes were made to support simulcast? I'm currently running 2.5 on a Simulcast system (with paperclip reception), and I'm hearing quite a bit of simulcast distortion/artifacts, which you wouldn't hear in OP-25. Are there any specific settings I have to use for simulcast systems, other than the -a switch in FMP24 re: auto center tuning?

Also, FYI here are the exact startup commands I'm using:

[FMP CC INSTANCE] FMP24 -i1 -a1 -o20001 -P-1 -f(cc frequency)

[FMP Voice INSTANCE] FMP24 -i2 -a1 -o20002 -P-1 -o1 -rv

[DSD+ CC INSTANCE] DSDPlus -rc -T -i20001 -v4 -E

[DSD+ VC INSTANCE] DSDPlus -rv -T -i20002 -v4 -E

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hi Nate.

I read in the notes that the auto center tuning function is automatic when a P25 signal is detected. It is a little unclear to me, but it appears that the -a switch may actually be disabling the autotuning. Have you tried hitting the A key to toggle center tuning and see if that makes a difference?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Hi Nate.

I read in the notes that the auto center tuning function is automatic when a P25 signal is detected. It is a little unclear to me, but it appears that the -a switch may actually be disabling the autotuning. Have you tried hitting the A key to toggle center tuning and see if that makes a difference?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah I did toggle the switch, it makes no difference...

M105

I am seeing a small bug:

The Nexedge system I am monitoring shows most channels as "CC". It momentarily goes away for a channel when a call is granted, but then it returns shortly thereafter. This is new with v2.5. Anyone else seeing this?
Other than that, DSDPlus keeps getting better. Thanks to all the developers and beta testers.

I am not seeing that on the NXDN48 systems I am monitoring. All looks as it did with 1.14.
----
What I would like, so I will ask the authors for it again. .. On all the NXDN systems around here, the control channel changes daily. Unless I am missing some way to do it, I am having to run SDR# with a scanner plugin for the control channel monitor. I would really like to run FMP for this purpose, let it scan the five channels in the system, and stop on the control channel. As it is now it will only stop scanning on an active voice channel. How about a -s2 mode that holds on control channels guys?

Otherwise, great work! The program gets better and better. Can't wait for P25 phase II decoding!

RayAir

This is working great. Very nice.

I like the addition of the data regarding p25 control channels.

M105

My VC copy of the new DSDplus did lock up last night and stopped accepting audio over the TCP from FMP24. I restarted just it this morning and it is working again. May be a problem or just a one off glitch.

M105

Oops, stopped responding again after a few minutes. DSDplus control channel being fed from SDR# over VB Cable is working. FMP24 is tuning. DSDplus voice channel is not decoding voice. Restarted everything this time and all is working again. Will see how long it runs and do a little more checking to see if it shows audio in the scope next time. NXDN48 system, DSD+ set to NXDN only decoding.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Maybe it's just me but I seem to be hearing considerable reduction in voice quality on a few conventional DMR systems I monitor. I'll try a second PC later but the one being used currently was just about perfect with the prior Fast Lane release.

M105

OK my copy of DSD+ 2.5 stopped decoding voice again. This time I checked and it is showing a signal in the scope so the audio is getting to it. I closed FMP24 and restarted it. The VC copy of DSD acknowledged the TCP connection, audio shows up in the scope when FMP tunes a channel, but no decoding. So DSDplus is not locked up, it is getting audio, but just stops decoding voice after an hour or so of running fine. Here is the command line for that copy of DSD. Back to 1.14 version for now.
---
DSDPlus -fn -rv -o2 -i20002 -_15 -v3 -wsl40.210 -wss100.200 -wel172.522 -wcl528.0 -UA50 -OM NUL -dr3 -dh2 -ds70 -dd56 -dv20

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
2.5 is working fine, but I notice that toggling "E" (for Economy mode) in FMPA no longer works?

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
Like the P25 trunking support in this version

I have been monitoring the Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) using two radio shack scanners and a separate laptop PC setup with Universal Trunker, virtual cables and three SDR-RTL dongles. The laptop setup allows me to monitor any two talk groups on my local site simultaneously as the they become active. I pipe one voice receiver through the left channel and the other through the right. The two radio shack scanners are setup to monitor a few other more distant tower sites. This combination allows me to monitor five counties at once through four speakers. I don&#8217;t miss much but, it does get confusing at times.

I loaded DSD+ Fastlane 2.5 last night as soon as I received the email and after quickly reading the help/txt files. This version seems to be working very well on my desktop PC. Configuring this setup was easy. However, this configuration only lets me hear one voice channel using two dongles. It appears that there is not a way to use more than one voice receiver. I would like to see the capability expanded to two or more voice channels using multiple dongles, multiple instances FMP24 and multiple instances of DSD+ for voice channels. I want to be able to duplicate the capabilities I have with the three dongle setup on the laptop I described above.

The setup is easy in DSD+ Fastlane with the audio being handled via TCP. Having to use virtual cable drivers complicates the setup in the older setups using DSD+ and Universal Trunker. Don&#8217;t get me wrong, I am not knocking the setup I have using Universal Trunker. I really like Universal Trunker, however, I am hoping for performance gains by using FMP24, DSD+ and my dongles. I have not loaded the setup from my desktop PC to my laptop (Dell Inspiron E1405 with Intel Dual Core 1.66 GHz processor) to compare performance. The Dell laptop does OK but, it is working really hard and the audio breaks up when things get really busy.

Bottom line, after all said above is, can we please get multi-voice channel/receiver capabilities in a future release of DSD+ Fastlane. This is a great product, keep up the good work.

ETA:

I am noticing a few types of odd behavior when running DSD+ from the Fastlane 2.5 version:

1) On a system using Universal Trunker, the Ch and Tx Freq columns in the Channel Activity windows intermittently populate with information ,the information appears to be correct but, this never happened with the older versions. This occurs in either of the instances I have running, one window at a time.

2) When running DSD+, FMP24 and two dongles on the Michigan Public Service Communications System I see information in the Target and TgtAlias columns that appear to be call sign identification for a given system channel. It temporarily stops communication of the frequency of the audio channel from being passed to the voice channel side. It looks like the characters "bsi" appear in the Target column and the call sign of the transmitter appears in the TgTAlias column.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I also applaud the developers for including P25 trunking support. Fired it up on a VHF P25 system last night and it worked first time.

Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.