DSDPlus 1.101

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Is it possible to reduce or increase the priority of a talk group in FMP, if so how would I do this.

Thanks
MB

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is it possible to reduce or increase the priority of a talk group in FMP, if so how would I do this.

Thanks
MB

I _think_ this applies to 1.01, and I'm pretty sure it is documented in one of the txt files.

Just use your mouse button and right-click / left-click / click on the various fields in the window where it displays the talkgroups and you'll see that you increase/decrease priority on the fly, lock them out, etc.

Mike

moonbounce

I _think_ this applies to 1.01, and I'm pretty sure it is documented in one of the txt files.

Just use your mouse button and right-click / left-click / click on the various fields in the window where it displays the talkgroups and you'll see that you increase/decrease priority on the fly, lock them out, etc.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that works perfectly, I did look through the the text documents but didn't see it, I guess I must have missed it.

MB

moonbounce

Mike

Okay, so in the DSD+ P25 Channel Activity window I have locked out some talk groups mainly M&R they are showing as being locked out but they are stil talking?

MB

slicerwizard

Okay, so in the DSD+ P25 Channel Activity window I have locked out some talk groups mainly M&R they are showing as being locked out but they are stil talking?

MB
Well, you don't wield god-like powers over the users - they will keep talking into their radios anyway...

And if you're using DSD+ 1.101, it doesn't support P25 control channel decoding or trunk voice following, so it won't do anything useful with priorities or lockout flags, so no tuning to voice channels or avoiding channels carrying locked out groups or muting of said groups' comms, etc.

moonbounce

Thanks Slicewizard, life used to be so simple, today the only thing simple is me, lol.

MB

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Technically there is no 'Middlesex P25'... Still not sure if you are referring to Fleetnet or City of London P25 system?. Earlier you mentioned M&R, which makes me think MNR, which would be Fleetnet...

moonbounce

Technically there is no 'Middlesex P25'... Still not sure if you are referring to Fleetnet or City of London P25 system?. Earlier you mentioned M&R, which makes me think MNR, which would be Fleetnet...

Apco 25 and I would like to lockout MNR and some other talk groups.

slicerwizard

MNR is on Fleetnet, which is not a P25 system. Fleetnet is a Motorola Type II Smartzone system with a mix of analog and digital voice. DSD+ doesn't understand the control channel format, so it can't avoid talkgroups that you don't want to hear.

To monitor Fleetnet on your PC, you'd use a decoder like Unitrunker or TRUNK88, with digital calls fed to DSD+ for the actual voice synthesis.

If you're just scanning Fleetnet voice channels and feeding them to DSD+, nothing is "locked out" and you hear it all - all the digital traffic, that is.

moonbounce

Okay then, thanks Slicewizard, I will just stick to what I have, at least I can hear what I need to hear.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.